Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Steampunk Mermaid

Hello Friends - The current challenge over at Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda  - Steampunk/Vintage is quickly coming to a close.  You still have a bit of time to join in on the fun and today I have my final Steampunk card to share with you...my Steampunk Mermaid.


I started off by stamping the Steampunk Mermaid on a piece of vellum using StazOn ink.  Once the ink had dried I colored the back of the image with a variety of markers and left her to dry.  After the inks had dried I tore the edges and set aside.

I created the background with pigment powders in shades of blue. I stamped the Gears background stamp using VersaMark ink and embossed it using gold, silver and copper embossing powders.  I crumbled up the mat several times to give it a distressed look, scraped the edges with an envelope opener then mounted it onto a blue card.

The Steampunk Mermaid was affixed to the card using liquid glue in the two corners which I covered up with a few metal gears.

I hope you have a bit of time to join in on this challenge...



 

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!