Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Mysterious Little Mermaid

 Hello all of you inky people out there...I hope you're enjoying your week so far.  

Today I have another card I made for the current challenge - Summertime!  I thought I would go under the sea for this card and used the Mermaid with a Shell stamp.



I started off by stamping her on bristol cardstock then used my iridescent watercolors to paint her tail and shell.  I used colored pencils to finish her off.  She was fussy cut and set aside.

I then commenced to work on the background.  I had such fun stamping this background - I fount a piece of teal cardstock which had a faint pattern on it.  I stamped the Mini Fish Collage and Mini Maritime Collage using VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze. I then used the Bubbles Background stamp to fill in the rest of the card.  Finally I used one of the ornaments from the Victoriana set to stamp a center line using Verdant VFC ink.  Once the ink had dried I used a white gel pen to fill in some of the Bubbles.

This panel was mounted on a black card and the mermaid was then affixed to the card using foam tape.  I finished the card off with some faux pearls and 3 stamped words from the Misc Words set.

Hope you all have an inky day and if you have a chance...be sure to join in on the fun!!




1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!