Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Who lives behind the Mermaid Door?

 Today I wanted to share my latest Fairy Hugs creation...



I thought it would be fun to feature the Mermaid Door today. It is such a fun way to build a variety of scenes when used in combination with the seaweeds, mini sea icons, rock formations and more!   

The above card was created by stamping and masking the door directly on the card panel then adding layers of stamps on top. I wanted to give it a bit of depth by adding mica flakes to the ocean floor.  It was colored with a variety of markers, white pen work and glitter for a bit of sparkle.


My second Mermaid Door card was created by using Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Sparkles on a piece of white cardstock. The shimmer is simply amazing. I then stamped the seaweeds, turtles and sentiment directly onto the card panel. I then stamped the other elements onto scraps of cardstock and mounting them to the card in layers creating depth and dimension. These elements were colored with a combination of markers and colored pencils to create the vivid images which helps make them pop off the background. I also used half pearls for the decorations over the doorway. 

Supplies:

























Be sure to stop by our Fairy Hugs Facebook Group 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!