Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Christmas is in the Air

Over the long weekend I decided to take some time and make a few Christmas cards so I pulled out my peg stamps and played a bit.


For my first card I used the set Twinkle Twinkle - I stamped the shape of a Christmas tree with the cedar stamp using Pistashio Memento Ink; next I added the lights and wires using VersaFine Onyx ink and finished it off with the ornaments.  I also used a couple stamps not included in the kit - the little sitting mouse and Merry Christmas sentiment.  I added the light halo using a sponge dauber with matching ink.  I wish you could see it IRL because then you would also see that the lights are a bit sparklie from the touch of Sparkle irRESISTible Medium I covered them with.  

The card background was stamped using snowflakes (White VersaColor ink) and a trio of tiny flowers (in Delicata Golden Glitz).


This is my "country Christmas" card...  I used Southern Pine set around the top and bottom edges. The sentiment is from Just From Fun stamps.  It's a bit rustic looking which I thought goes perfectly with the pine cones.


Finally I did something a bit different with the Holiday Joy stamp set. I used the leaves, flowers and squiggles combined them with the poinsettia stamp from Pine & Poinsettia set to make my own "poinsettia tree".  The barrel stamp is something I had in my stash (sorry, don't recall which set it's from). 

The background for this card was stamped with candy canes, stockings and a tiny little gift which is just darling! 

This card is a bit different for me as it leaves traditional holiday colors behind and I used Love Letter which has a rose hue, Bahama Blue and Bamboo Leaves green.  Not exactly what you think of for Christmas but I think it works.

Anyway, that was my bit of stress relief over the long holiday weekend ;)

2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!