Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Pretty in Pink - Card Concept #61

Today after work I was able to get a bit of stamping in - yeah!!  I had an e-mail in my inbox about the current challenge at the Card Concept...Pretty in Pink.  Inkspiration strikes and I made this card....



I made the background by spritzing Shimmer mist onto a piece of glossy cardstock. I then sprinkled a tiny bit of Fuchsia Color Burst Powder.  Hit it with the heat tool and let it do it's thing.  The combo of the Shimmer Mist, heat and glossy cardstock created some interesting circles and patterns as it dried. Unexpected but very cool.   The flamingo (from the current Club Scrap Kit - Paradise) was stamped and embossed onto the background.  I then stamped on the leaves which were colored using Memento Dual Tip Markers.



I was very inspired by the theme Pretty in Pink since it matched the flamingo and it's accompanying sentiment so well. I was also excited to be able to try out the Fuchsia Color Burst for the first time...it matched perfectly much to my pleasure!  I used my own version of clean and layered....  it's pretty clean for me and has a few layers in the die-cuts.

Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Cardstock, Rubber Stamps
MFT - Oval & Scallop Stitched Oval Frame
Imagine - Shimmer Mist, VersaMark, VersaFine - Black, Black EP, Memento Dual Tip Markers
Color Burst - Fuchsia

6 comments:

  1. Love this Roni, I really need to play with this stamp set some more :) that flamingo is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that background is amazing, love all the shimmmer. Thanks for joining the card concept

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the background!
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept, Roni!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink color burst background! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Love those scattered palm fronds. Glad you could join us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card this is! Love that background. So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!