Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Girl Power!

Happy Tuesday...miss me yesterday?  I got really wrapped up making a project for later in the month that I totally forgot to post!  Today I have a fun card for you made with a stamp set from Unity - Girl Power.  The card also has a couple fun and easy watercolor techniques...


GIRL POWER!!


Let's make the card... I stamped the super woman on plain old cardstock and Memento dye ink.  I then began coloring the image using various colors of Memento dye ink and my waterbrush.  To do so I pounced a little bit of each color of ink I wanted to use on a stamp block.  I used the waterbrush to pick up each color and paint it onto the image where desired.


Here's what she looked like after she was finished...


Next I set out to make the background.  For this technique I pounced the desired colors onto a large stamp block.


Then spritzed it with water and smooshed it onto a piece of white cardstock.


And this is how it turned out...  I love this technique, you never quite know what the results will be but it's beautiful every time!


So then I stamped "girl POWER" over the entire panel with Grey Flannel Memento ink.


Next I trimmed my wonderful super woman from the cardstock and mounted it on a piece of Vertigo Film...added a few details with Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, mounted it on the card panel and Bob's your Uncle - it's done!

Supplies:

IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko - Memento Dye Inks, Pico Embellisher, Vertigo Film, Delicata Golden Glitz Ink (for her belt, head band and arm bands)

White Cardstock - Georgia Pacific
Colored Cardstock - Club Scrap




3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this. Thanks for sharing how you did this. The Vertigo film really added to this card. Can't wait to see what you were working on Monday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun watercolor techniques. I'm going to have to give them a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!