Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Queen Kat Designs Royal Blog Hop - Color Challenge

Hi Friends!

I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!

Today I have a Color Challenge from Queen Kat Designs for their Royal Blog Hop!


I have to tell you when I first saw the color palette I was a bit nervous. I normally don't use such soft, delicate colors BUT I have to tell you I am very pleased with how my card turned out!

I ended up loving the colors and had lots of fun with it.

So here is the color inspiration....

palette28_rose_butter_melon


Beautiful huh?

Still a bit scary but here is what I created....


Thinking of You Melon-Rose-Butter - Ink Stained Roni 001


I started off with the ribbon as my main inspiration and worked from there. I found a few pieces of cardstock in my stash that matched perfectly then I set about creating the card.

The main image is Emma from my Jacob & Emma set. She is stamped using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink...I think it matches the rose color inspiration pretty good!

I took a cue from both the inspiration photo & my ribbon for flowers.

(These were hot off the press...as you can see the glue isn't quite dry yet!)

Thinking of You Melon-Rose-Butter - Ink Stained Roni 003


Thinking of You Melon-Rose-Butter - Ink Stained Roni 006


All of the flowers were cut using the smallest flower on the Sizzix die - Flower Layers #3. To give the flowers life I placed the petals on a foam pad then I used an embossing tool (the type with the balls on each end) to create circles in the center of each petal. This is what gives them the curved look. To assemble I simply cut different numbers of petals from each flower and glued the ends together. The largest assembled flower used 2 complete diecuts while the rest took 1 1/2 or less.

After I had each flower assembled I added a bit of Distress Ink to the edges using the Ink Blending Tool and a pearl to the center of each flower completed the look.

The leaves were also embossed using the same method and Distress Ink was added.

So there you go...

If you haven't had a chance hop on over to the Queen Kat Designs Store....

You'll be pleasantly surprised to see that ALL stamps are 25% OFF until August 18th...that's tomorrow so if you've been eyeing a particular stamp or set NOW is the time to buy it!

You can also see the newest Get Inked kit for August which is shipping now. It is a travel/vacation theme!!

Have a wonderful Day!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa Roni -

    This card is awesome! You just nailed it! What a fabulous design and the flowers are beautiful. Perfect!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Roni! Your flowers are awesome and I just love the stamp you used. Great overall design too - fabulous :o)
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, this is just one gorgeous card! LOVE, love the layers and textures. P.S. And all your stamps are just gorgeous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roni, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the new stamp, color blocking, and fabulous flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!