Wednesday, June 5, 2019

When Life Gives You Lemons... Gecko Galz Good Old Summertime Challenge

I was inspired by Gecko Galz new challenge - 
Good Old Summertime!

It's been a while since I've done much with collage images but this challenge really sparked something so I decided to give it a go by making this Lemonade Pocket Letter....


I used images from the collage sheet - Let's Make Lemonade, computer generated sentiments which I printed out on vellum, lemon stamps from Sunny Studios (Slice of Summer), and Staz On Pigment Ink and VersaFine Clair inks from Imagine.


Both the yellow and green background papers are gelli prints that I made over the weekend.


I added some sequins and gemstones to finish it off :)


It was nice to get back into being creative.


This just tickles me...since she was a bit to large for the pocket, I cut a small hole at the bottom of the pocket and poked her leg through. 


Supplies:

Gecko Galz - Let's Make Lemonade
Imagine - VersaFine Clair, StazOn Pigment
Sunny Studio - Slice of Summer
Gelli Plate Prints
DecoArt Paints
Vellum, Sequins, Gemstones



5 comments:

  1. You go girl! Your mojo is back! So happy for you Roni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BrendaLea!! Yes, I think the art day with my Mom and DIL really did give me a kick in the creative pants ;) I'm so glad.

      Delete
  2. A super, fun Pocket Letter, Roni! I love the summery citrus colours on your gelli print backgrounds; they are perfect for the Lemonade images and words. And such a fabulous way to add the stockinged lady by poking her leg through the bottom of the pocket - genius idea - and it made me smile! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Gecko Galz this month. We also have four challenges each month in our Gecko Galz PaperCrafting Challenge group on Facebook which you are welcome to join. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carole!I will definitely check out your other challenges. This was really fun.

      Delete
  3. A perfect make for our Good Old Summertime challenge, so Summery and fun! Love the quirk of the ladies leg poking through. Awesome project X Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!