Friday, September 21, 2018

Pretty Pumpkins Trick or Treat

Hello Friends - I have been working on lots of design team stuff but can't show you that till later.  I've been having a devil of a time getting my mojo back into creative mode for things to share on the blog. I just seem to set at my desk and look at things rather than actually make stuff. I don't know if it's still the loss of my 4 legged friend, a bit of left over sadness or ???  

Well, the other day though I got a cool e-mail from Creative with Stamps about their current challenge...Pumpkins!

I love fall and all the things that come with it, especially Halloween.  Of course pumpkins and Halloween go hand in hand so I took it as a kick in the creative backside to get stampin.


This is what I created! I bought this set of really neat pumpkin stamps a couple months ago with the anticipation of fall and all it's goodness.  They are layer stamps from Sunny Studio and they are aptly named...Pretty Pumpkins. I decided to go a bit non-traditional by stamping BLUE pumpkins, a white one and of course I threw in a couple orange ones.  

The inks were a combination of VersaMagic (chalk inks) for the bottom 2 layers and then VersaFine Clair inks for the upper most layers. The chalk inks really give depth to the colors while the dark bold colors of the VFC almost make them look 3D.

The pattern paper and sentiment is from the Authentique Nightfall collection. I also used a bit of Rinea Foiled Paper from the Haunted Foiled Paper Variety Pack.

It was nice to finally get back to stampin for fun.
I think I may make a couple more cards for this challenge...
afterall, I do LOVE pumpkins!

6 comments:

  1. Love your blue pumpkins Roni. So cool. Beautiful card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail...it's my fav. color so I decided why not :)

      Delete
  2. Happy to see you stamping. If I didn't know better I would think you had been looking through some of the popular magazines showing Fall decorating. Love this and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...LOL...nope, no magazines - haven't looked at one in ages - they are getting so expensive. I love blue so I decided why not...might as well have fun with it. My next pumpkin card is more traditional.

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh, this is so unique, Roni! LOVE the non-traditional colored pumpkins on your pretty card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pumpkins. And the stamp set is great. You can really see all the shadowing and layers of the pumpkins...gorgeous! Thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!