Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Daylilies...

I don't know about you but I love daylilies...sadly they are only here for a short period of time but they are so lovely while they last.  This morning I noticed that I had several colors/varieties blooming all at once so I wanted to get some pics while they were blooming.  I thought I'd share them with you today!


These first two are my favorites.  The yellow one has a giant flower on it - when open it's the size of a mans hand.  The maroon one looks much darker than in the photograph.  Depending on the light it almost appears black at times.



This lily has a lovely faded peach color to it - makes me think it's been distressed a little.


These two are very similar - one is just a bit darker in the center than the other...a bit more orange mixed into the center.



Sorry I don't know the names of any of them....I'm not a real particular grower...I just plant them because I like the colors.   I do know that the bottom one is a lily that grows wild here in Indiana...it's everywhere and takes to most any soil.  Often times you will see long stretches of back roads where they will be growing along the fields.   The others all came from mail order places - mostly Spring Hill Nurseries I believe. 

Been busy here - we got a new roof put on yesterday ~ a blue metal roof.  I LOVE it!  It's very bright...dh was teasing me this morning that I needed to wear my shades if I was going to go out and admire it  LOL!!  He's such a smart ass sometimes.   I thought I'd shake the neighborhood up a bit - add a splash of color.  I should have taken pics when I was taking photos of my flowers but I didn't even think about it.  

Hope you're all having a wonderful summer!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I love lilies also!
    Just tell your hubby you are now honorary Smurfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful flowers. Those orange ones grow wild here in Northeastern Wisconsin, too. I'd love to see a pic of your "bright blue" roof when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Roni. I've only seen the orange ones here in Colorado - nice to see there are other colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!