Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Christmas in July - Deep Red Stamps!

Wow, have you seen Deep Red Stamps newest stamp release?  In addition to their every day stamps, they have LOADS of fun new Christmas Stamps so I thought it would be fun to have my own little Christmas in July featuring 5 of their new Christmas stamps.


My first card features the stamp - Madonna & Child.  I flicked Delicata gold ink onto the back of a piece of vellum.  After the ink had dried I crumpled and mounted it on a card base.  I then stamped the image using Rhubarb Stalk Memento Dye Ink, matted & affixed it to the card with double stick foam tape.


The Gingerbread Man and Cocoa is a darling little stamp that I paper pieced on this card by stamping the image multiple times with different colors of ink on various colors of cardstock.


I love collage images and this is no exception.  The December Tree is a beautiful image that could be used in so many ways but today I chose to color the individual areas of the image with my Memento Dual Tip Markers.  Such a fun way to highlight the tree and other elements quickly and easily.


One of my favorite yet very simple cards features the Christmas Eve image which I stamped with Teal Zeal Memento Dye Ink.  I had this lovely pattern paper with the three owls that worked so well with the image.


Finally I stamped and embossed the Color-Me Poinsettia image then water colored it for a beautiful focal point for this card.

I'll be back soon with more from the DRS New Release.

2 comments:

  1. These are just wonderful Christmas cards great to get ahead of the season
    Hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards with these new stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!