Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter CHA 2015 - Must Haves?

Well this years Winter CHA Convention is over - there are sneak peeks, revealing photos and lots and lots of talk all over the web.   What have you heard about or seen that is a must have in your book?

I was excited to see more colors offered in the Gelatos line by Faber-Castell.  They now offer them in sets of 15 (Brights, Pastels & Metallics) which are really nice if you're just starting your Gelatos collection.  I did a bit of checking and it looks like there are 3-4 new colors in each set.  I'm not sure if they are all new colors or if there are some old colors that have just been renamed.

They are offering new sets of "Designer" colors which are based off of fashion & color trends.  They are Bali (also in the Brights set); Macaroon (in the Pastels set) and Manhattan (2 are new colors in the Metallics set).

Macaroons Gelatos Designer Series from Faber CastellBali Gelatos Designer Series from Faber CastellManhattan Gelatos Designer Series from Faber Castell

Faber-Castell is also offering several new metallic texture pastes...  it says you can blend them with any color of Gelato to make a whole new color!  Sounds like lots fun to experiment with!

Silver Texture Luxe Metallic Paste from Faber Castell


Of course there are beautiful new papers from Graphic45



TONS of new stamps from all over the place, DecoArt has some great new products, and of course I'll be sharing lots of fun new products from IMAGINE Crafts in the near future including...

Studio Glaze...

IMG_0886

Amplify!...


New Metallic Inks - Bronze & Copper


Plus lots of other fun stuff :)

What about you?  See anything you can't craft without?

7 comments:

  1. I did a bit of pre-ordering; Distress Cracked Pistachio & Studio 490 new ink colors, ep and faux granite kit. I've got my eye on the new gelatos and some dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked at lots of videos and to me, the outstanding product which I can't live without, even though I haven't tried it, is Dyan Reaveley's paint. LOVED the demo and want it in my studio right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want the G45 papers the most. I also for sure will get the new distress pad and reinker. Still on the fence with the new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dyan Reaveley's paints are on my "must have" list. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Ken Oliver's Stick it idea...you use it on the back of your card stock before you die cut an intricate die. Then you peal off the backing and stick! I have a few dies I don't use much cos they are too big for my Xyron and too fiddly to glue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any of the Dylusion spray inks so the fact that Dyan Reaveley has released paints that are the same colours as the Dylusions - they are a must have for me, DecoArts paints and mediums, Cracked Pistachio ink pad, lots of glazes and much other stuff - as always! But paints and mediums are going to be my priority for this year I think.
    Your card is beautiful and the shimmer from the paints and the spray is amazing Roni - mine never shows up in photographs so I can definitely say that this card is more beautiful IRL xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!