Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Time to Fly - DecoArt Image Transfer Canvas

Happy Wednesday Friends!  Today was my turn to share a project over at Altered Pages.  As you may or may not know the Altered Pages team has partnered up with DecoArt this month combining their awesome products with artsy finds from Altered Pages.  Well today I came up with this canvas....



You can click on the link above to find out all of the details but I did want to share a close up one one of the techniques I used the DecoArt Media Matte Medium for....an image transfer!  I had mentioned before that I really liked this medium because it was thicker than the usual collage glues on the market and I have to say it also makes image transfers quite fun as well.  I'm a bit of a messy artist but I didn't get any of this glue on the back of the image which is quite an accomplishment for me - LOL!! 



I used a regular ink jet image printed on plain copy paper for all of the butterflies and it worked quite well.  You can see that I did get a bit aggressive in one area while I was rubbing and rubbed a hole in one wing.  I left it though because I thought it had a cool look to it.

I also did lots of rubbing of paints and the antiquing cream with my hands so I was all painty when I was done and I have to tell you it felt wonderful!! 





1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!