Thursday, January 29, 2015

Metallic Creative Medium - Steampunk Genius Card

Have you seen IMAGINE Crafts new Metallic Creative Medium?  Well I have to tell you I love it.  I just got to play with it for the first time and I'm in love.  It's got the same consistency as the original Creative Medium but there are new colors - the Metallics consist of Copper, Gold, Silver and Bronze and are they ever stunning!

I think they look best on dark background colors so I started off with a black cardstock panel.  I am using a DecoArt stencil - gears and cogs today.


Simply spread it out over the stencil as you would gesso or other similar mediums...


Once you've covered the entire panel, remove the stencil and let it dry naturally.


Once it dries you'll be left with amazing deep rich metallic colors!  In addition to the color I so wish you could feel the texture. 

Stamps: Artistic Outpost
Image was colored using Memento Inks

2 comments:

  1. I've seen them and already knew that I would probably want at least one or two but the DecoArt is so hard to get hold of in the UK at the moment so I will add them to my wish list but I need more acrylic fluid media and mediums than anything else. Love this though! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Steampunk. O.K. I just checked it out and they will start to be shipped out direct February 1st. :-) Also I just learned that not only the metallic but the iridescent will work with stencils. As well as the fact that the colors are blendable. Can't wait to get my hands on some Creative Medium. Guess I better make sure that take out is on speed dial. ;-) Thanks once again for being a wonderful enabler. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!