Monday, January 12, 2015

irRESISTible Pico Embellisher



I know I've been talking about a bit more in depth convo about this for a while now and I finally have the time to share a bit more about it.

The irRESISTible Pico Embellisher is a wonderful newer color medium from IMAGINE Crafts that is easy to use and so very versatile.  It is in the same family as the irRESISTible Texture Spray and comes in 36 colors matching the Memento line of inks plus clear. 


irRESISTible Texture SprayirRESISTible Pico Embellisher


The Embellisher comes with a very fine needle nose metal tip which offers you excellent, precision control.  


It also has a unique cap with a built in wire that fits snugly into the tip and is designed to prevent the tip from clogging adding to it's ease of use and is really a time saver.  We all know how frustrating and time consuming clogged applicator tips can be!


O.k... what can you do with the Embellisher?  Well, one of my favorite things to do with this fun medium is to make dimensional accent dots which seem so popular right now.  Here I have applied a bit of the Pico on my craft mat and some on a piece of paper.  

You can see from the photo how dimensional the medium is directly out of the bottle and how the dots are perfectly domed which is quite to achieve with other embellishment mediums on the market.  The Pico Embellisher medium is thin enough to allow flawless domed tops but thick enough that it holds it's dimension and shape as it dries.  


Here are a few tear drops and a small heart made from the "Shimmer" Pico Embellisher.


And I was messing around and quickly wrote my name and made a little burst to show you just how easy it is to use.


This medium dries very quickly and as you can see holds it's shape and shine.  No more puckered tops after the medium has fallen once dried like other mediums on the market. And here's a time saving idea...make several dots or other shapes ahead of time on the craft mat and once dry save them for future use when you need a quick embellishment at the last minute. 


Here's the shimmery heart....


Here are a few examples of how I've incorporated the Pico Embellisher on projects.


I used it to finish off the painting from the Sip n Paint Mom and I went to in December - it was so easy to personalize the painting by writing the sentiment and our family name with the Embellisher.


This example is from an upcoming project and is made on a plastic like material.


And an image from another upcoming project - this time the Embellisher was used to outline a design on acrylic.  This project is particularly fun as it incorporates another fun new product from IC/T.

Finally I wanted to show you how by just adding a few little dots of the Pico Embellisher can really add to your finished project....

Here is a New Years card I recently made... it's nice but it just felt like it was missing something...


So I added a few dots with the Pico and now it looks finished!



So there you go... the irRESISTible Pico Embellisher!
Hope you have a chance to check it out and give it a try...
I'm sure once you get your hands on it you won't be able to stop at just one dot ;)

5 comments:

  1. Love it Roni! The medium I use always falls so I will be on the look out for these in the UK. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects hun Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, now that looks really cool! I will be on the lookout for some of that. Love the way it finished off your painting and the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the hints on how to use this product! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Roni!! I'm sold! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great product. I love that it has such a fine applicator tip with the cleaning wire built right into the cap...genius! I'm definitely going to have to try this product. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!