Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Club Scrap Constellations Blog Hop

Welcome friends to the very first Club Scrap blog hop of the year!!  I hope you're all ready for lots of inspiration that everyone has in store for you.  

This month's kit - Constellations is all about the beauty of the solar-scape and the wonderful "creatures" found among the stars.


Of course the first thing I thought of when I saw this amazing kit was a star book but since I made a star book for the Lakes kit I decided to go in a different direction and I made a couple of inspired cards...  They take a little bit more time to make but in the end they are worth it.

It's Written In The Stars....

Yes, the outside looks like any other card...


But open it up and you're transported into the night sky in all it's grandeur!


How fun are those little danglies?


Start off with an 8.5" x 10" sheet of cardstock. 

Insert the cardstock in the Scor-Pal with the 8.5" side at the top - score at the 1.5" line the entire length of the cardstock.

Turn the cardstock so the 10" side is at the top - score at the 5" line all the way down.  Score at  2.75" and 7.25" down to the 1.5" previously scored line. The little paper arrows point to each score line I made since it's a bit hard to see on the dark blue cardstock.


Use your exacto knife and cut along the 1.5" fold line between the 2.75" and 7.25" score marks as shown...


Score the card along it's spine; fold the 1.5" flap over so it is now positioned on the inside of the card and bend the cut section so it stands away from the card center when closed.


Assemble the inside panels as desired.  Here I have stamped the Grey Cardstock with Memento Cloudy Sky and London Fog inks using stamps from the Unmounted, Greetings and Borders & Backgrounds sets.  I also stamped two sentiments that followed along the same story line as the one used on the front of the card.


Next I flipped the card over so the folded flap was facing me.  I trimmed a few of the constellation maps from one of the pattern pieces of paper.  I then taped a short piece of black thread to the back of each piece and taped the other end to the card flap.  I also added glue to both ends of the flap that will be attached to the card.


To finish the card off I added lots and lots of the Dazzles Silver Stickers to highlight various constellations and stars on both the front, inside panels and danglies of the card.



My next card is a Star Fold card....


Which once opened is actually a triangle!


I thought these sentiments complimented each other very well...

Good Things Take Time.

Keep your eyes on the Stars
and you're Feet on the Ground.
Theodore Roosevelt 


This is made from a 12" triangle that I scored at 4", 6" and 8" marks across each point.  To fold simply tuck each corner behind the previous fold so just like a box - one side is on top and the other side is folded under.   I added the stamped constellation map onto one of the folded points positioned just so it would match the direction of the sentiment inside once opened up.  This card is also finished off with lots and lots of those fun little Dazzles stickers.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I hope you've enjoyed both of the cards I have shared and have been inspired to give one or both a try! 

Your next stop on the hop is

If you get lost along the way you can find the complete list of artists

24 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and great instructions. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun dimentionalcards! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinning the star fold card! How cool is that?! Awwww, I miss your Gnome today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous projects! And yes, I do love those danglies! Thanks for the details on how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous projects! And yes, I do love those danglies! Thanks for the details on how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! it looks terrific!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni those are so cool! I love the dangles and I REALLY appreciate the detailed instructions because some of us are a little not so great with figuring things out like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Roni- you truly are so clever! I love how that star opens up and reveals those quotes inside- so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such wonderful and unique cards! I do indeed enjoy the danglies - what a fun surprise for the recipient! Thanks for showing us how to make these for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roni, your cards are amazing. I just love ones that are a bit different and yours are out of this world. Both unique and interactive. Thanks for sharing all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this and the detailed instructions. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! I love the extras that you add to make them special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Both cards are awesome, but I think my fave is the star card that opens into a triangle. I don't believe I've ever seen that before. Thanks for the tutorials, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not just cards - but inter-active cards! Really cool ideas Roni! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cards with a surprise inside! Thanks for sharing how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice of you to include so many details, thank you. Who wouldn't love the pop-out with the dangels card?!? and that star fold card is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love the dangles.. Great cards! Thanks for the detailed instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cards. I like the danglies inside on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are very creative. I'm intrigued, however, by the "triangle" card and will have to give that one a shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!