Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Technical Difficulties...

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I had some technical difficulties today which resulted in nothing to post. 

The electric guys are working on moving the power lines over to new taller posts on the next street over.  Well apparently when they were turning things on and off it created quite a power surge...so much in fact that it blew up my serge protector on my computer!

It's a battery back up serge protector so it must have effected the battery because there is a 2" hole blown in the side of the case and black stuff all over my craft room.   I wasn't home at the time but when my son came home for lunch he said the entire house was full of black smoke and the surge protector was still smoking!!

Luckily he took it outside and tried to air the house out while he was home. 

It's now almost 7:oo pm and my room is still full of smoke despite the window being open all day and it STINKS to high heaven!  I don't know how I'm going to get this smell out of here...

Alas, I just plugged in my NEW serge protector, found out my computer (THANKFULLY!!!) still works. 

I can't stay in this room too much longer as it's giving me a headache but I did want to let you know I'm here and will be back in business tomorrow...as long as the stink is gone.

TTYS ~

13 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Did you contact the utility company? You might have to have a pro get rid of the stinky odor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your son came home when he did! And happy your computer and home are still in tact. The smell is going to be hard to get out; Vic might be right about needing a pro for that job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your troubles- sounds like you were very lucky not to have had a huge fire. Do contact the utility co and the insurance company and usually the serge protectors have some sort of warranty- contact them as well! My thoughts are with you -

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so scary!! Thankfully you are all ok and so is your computer! Hopefully the smell will be gone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds dreadful! Stay out of that room I am sure that stuff is not good to breath. Standing by until all is well again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm sure it's been frustrating...I hope you take this time to take a break from worrying about your blog posts!! After all, I'm always just amazed that you manage to post nearly every day. You are a wonder!
    Hope your electrical problems are fixed SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yuck, what a mess it sounds like. Glad your computer survived!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! You're definitely lucky that didn't start a fire! The utility company should pay for anew serge protector!! And to have the smell removed from your house! how careless of them. Take a break and we'll see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhh nooooooo!!!! You poor thing! Hope your going to make them pay for the damages!!! So sorry Roni:(((

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that it didn't catch the house (or your craft room) on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roni, I am just so very sorry that you and your family have this mess to contend with, BUT...and this is one big BUT, I am so thankful that you are all safe and this is definitely just an annoyance and not a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The other commenters here are so nice. I'm thinking not so nice. This was an incredible danger, and I'd want to sue the power company.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto on the power company being obligated to pay reparations-they are. I wonder what other damage it caused in your house. Seems odd it would only affect one thing. Glad you're safe, relatively (as long as you hold your breath...).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!