Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Inexpensive Easter/Spring Garland

You know me...I'm always on the look-out for inexpensive things I can re purpose to use in my art.  Well last week I had to deliver some material down in New Haven.  The traffic was unusually light so I made great time so I decided to stop at the Big Lots store there.  This one never has the great deals on craft goods that I hear some stores do but it's still fun to check it out.

I don't know if you've been in the market for mini garlands to use on your projects or not but I have and let me tell you some of this stuff is REALLY expensive.  I've seen it anywhere from 3.00 - 7.50 a yard!!

WELL, I spotted this Easter egg decoration and the light bulb went off....I checked it out a bit to make sure that it was wired garland and I could easily remove it w/o harming the garland.  I figured there had to be at least 6 yards of garland strung on the frame and with a $6.00 price tag that would make some pretty cheap Easter/Spring garland.

When I got home I immediately started taking the garland off of the frame and to my delight I ended up with not 6 but....
easter garland

almost 10 yards of garland!!
easter garland 2

Making it only $ 0.60 a yard!!! 
Sure beats 3.00 or more per yard.

So, if you have a chance to stop by a big lots store or even if you see one at other dollar type stores be sure to check em out!  You can't beat a deal like that!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bright spring colors of the garland, Roni, but love even more that you "stole" it! ;-) There is a Big Lots quite close to me, but, sadly, there is rarely any scrapbooking supplies that make the trip worth it...BUT, on the trips where I am lucky, I decide all the other trips were worth it! We now have an Ocean State Job Lots that just opened, so I will let you know how I make out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea~ I will be on the look out for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea!! Will keep my eyes open now for stuff like this. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!