Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents Day!

I know it's an unusual holiday...not one you would normally think of when creating a card or tag but I have some PERFECT stamps that will work so well for today I couldn't resist!  Sentiment aside all of the stamps are from Stampers Best.

First I stamped the eagle using sepia Archival Ink then stamped the waving flag with Perfect Medium and embossed with Distress EP's.

Pres Day 003

I then rubbed the tag with Broken China over the entire tag (around the eagle and flag) and added Vintage Photo Stain to the edges.  I hit all of this with my heat tool to dry it quickly.

I then rubbed some Walnut Stain Distress Stain on my toothbrush ~ my craft toothbrush that is ;)  lol....

Pres Day 004

then flicked it on the tag.

Pres Day 006

I stamped the sentiment with Black Archival Ink on the tag.  I then stamped my presidents on a scrap of paper and colored them with Distress Ink, trimmed and mounted them on the card.

Finally to finish off the tag I added a bit of blue seam binding.

Pres Day 008

Happy Presidents Day!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool tag! And love your techniques! Thanks for sharing. Guess where my new toothbrush is going......yep, into the craft room! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni -

    This is awesome! I love how this tag turned out! Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a wonderful tag! I am now officially addicted to Stamper Best ~ I just used my points to get stamps free including postage! I cannot tell you what a rush that was plus awesome stamps~what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool Roni! Love the eagle image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool! The toothbrush thing...I hadn't thought of that!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Roni,

    Oh wow - thanks for showing the toothbrush technique! Very cool.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this! Especially like the way the flag turned out! I have some similar stamps (Lincoln and Washington) that I never know how to use...this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It looks like it came right out of an old 19th century trunk. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this tag! I'm playing catch-up since have been gone on vacation and I'm having THE best time looking and reading about everything you've posted... you've been a busy girl! Great idea for the splatter toothbrush technique... I had forgotten about it since it's been years since I've done it. Looks like it works great with the Stains.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!