Friday, February 24, 2012

Foil Tape Tag - Love Today!

I thought it would be fun to share another idea for using Foil Tape Sheets from Ranger.  Did you know that you can also use HIVAC tape?  It's a stick back foil tape that is used in the Heating/Air Conditioning line of work.  They use it for the joints in the air ducts I believe.  Anyway, you can get a nice big roll of it for a few dollars.  Granted it's only about 2" wide but it's great for smaller projects like image transfers or the following tag for example.

Ranger - Summer CHA 11 013

Instructions:

1. Ink up the edges of a tag using desired color(s) of ink.  I used a bit of red, blue and yellow.

2. Place a sheet of the foil tape or foil sheet cut to size on the tag.  I used the foil tape because it fit the tag perfectly.

3. Run the entire tag through a die-cut machine using desired embossing folder.  I liked the nature feel of these leaves.  It's one of my most used folders :)

(Note: I used the folder so the leaves were the highest points on the tag...for a different look you could run the tag through the folder with the metal side down giving a debossed look to your tag.)

4. Apply a felt to the Ink Applicator tool.  Squeeze several drops of desired color of green Alcohol Ink onto the felt.  

5. Carefully swipe the inked felt across the raised areas of the embossed image.  Re apply the AI to your felt if needed. 

6. Trim a couple pieces of Ideaology film to size, stamp the sentiment and then staple the stamped strips to the tag.

7. Add a bit of ribbon to your tag for a nice finished look.

ENJOY!!!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Roni, what a great tag. I have many folders I could use. Thanks for the tutorial as always.
    Have a super weekend.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! I even have some of that tape! Ok, dh has some but I betcha he'll share! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soo Cool!! I'm off to the hardware store tomorrow for some of that tape! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roni

    Cool, thanks for the tut.

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tag - sometimes the simplest things are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! I love the green against the foil background. Home Depot here I come ;) TFS

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely fab tag, Roni! And, you answered a question (at least, one answer) I had about how to adhere the film strips to projects! Also, want to share that I incorporated into a card a piece of metal used (normally) as a flashing in roofing! It embossed so beautifully! I am on the DT at Let's Scrap, and Friday posted a DT challenge to use metal in projects! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful!! Tags would also be a fun swap to have..(just an idea for the future!!). Any time I get to use my AI I'm a happy crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool effect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous to know the HVAC tape works like the foil tape sheets!! I'm sure it has a much better price point! This is a gorgeous tag you made!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!