Friday, February 17, 2012

Foil Tape Image Transfer - Enjoy Nature Tag

The following tag was made using Rangers Inkssentials Foil Tape Sheets but you could also use the HIVAC foil tape or any other adhesive backed foil for that matter.

Enjoy Nature Tag

I started off by covering the tag with two colors of pattern paper.  I stamped a bit of vintage script on one half here and there.  I then inked all of the edges with Vintage Photo DI.

I stamped "NATURE" using Acrylic Paint and framed it with a bit of brown Dresden Trim.
"Enjoy" are some small chipboard letters painted brown.

I then punched three holes along the bottom right hand side, added eyelets and affixed the charms that I had colored using Alcohol Inks.

Enjoy Nature 1

I then went about rubbing a few images onto the sticky side of the foil.  I burnished them good with my bone folder.  I then spritzed them with water, let it soak in a few seconds and rubbed away the paper leaving a ghostly image behind.

After the image had dried I glued each one to the charm and mounted it on the tag.

Enjoy Nature 2

Enjoy Nature Tag 3

After the glue had dried, I added the ribbon and charm dangling from the hole.

And there you have it!
Another fun image transfer idea for you to try!

17 comments:

  1. Wow the tag is lovely. Dang no foil tape in my collection yet :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, this is so great! Thanks so much for the idea for using the foil paper ~ have to get on that!
    Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea Roni. I've never heard of transfers being done on foil. Is there any particular type of image you used? What I mean is, what kind of paper are your images on? Did you cut them from magazines or print them?
    I really love how this tag came out and I love the faded images behind the crystals.

    Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great weekend.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the vintage look of those facets!! Gorgeous tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool transfer Roni. Never tried this one. I have the same questions as Elaine, what type of images, laser or inkjet? magazine....I am still trying to get my head around the sticky side of the foil tape. So you basically remove the foil part? Do you spritz the foil side or the side you place the image on? Sorry I guess I need to research this a bit.
    TFS, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag! I love the foil transfer technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Love the charms. The foil transfers are beautiful. TFS

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag Roni! Love the colors. Have a super weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a really lovely tag! Looks wonderfully vintage with the foil behind, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have described a pretty simple technique with dramatic results, Roni! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool! I have been playing with foil tape lately too, but now I have another technique to try. Thanks Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I learn so VERY much from you! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!