Monday, August 9, 2010

Glittery Cupcake Trio!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

We made it back from vacation all in one piece :) We had lots of fun and hit several sites, found some fun bargains at a way cool flea market and got to see some beautiful animals at the Toledo Zoo!

Today I wanted to share a card I created using Distress Stickles...

Cupcake Trio!

cupcake trio

Supplies:

Chipboard Cupcakes - Maya Road

Book Pages

Adhesive (ATG & Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue)

Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers - Ranger

Distress Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger

Distress Ink - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool - Ranger

Paper Border Punch (optional)

Pattern Paper

Sentiment Stamp - Inkadinkado

Cardstock

Sandpaper

Instructions:

1. Apply a white wash (1/2 water - 1/2 white paint) to the book pages. I like to use pages I have torn from books I am altering but you can use any pages you like. Let the paint dry completely.

2. Apply a layer of Tacky Glue to the fronts of each cupcake base. Press theses pieces to the BACK of your painted book pages. This will be our "cupcake liners" ;) Let the glue dry completely.

3. After the glue has dried, trim the excess paper and sand the edges for a nice clean finish.

4. Paint the cupcake tops with desired color(s) of acrylic paint(s). I used Pink Sherbet & Raspberry.

5. Smear desired colors of Distress Stickles over the cupcake tops....I used Worn Lipstick on Pink, Fired Brick on the Raspberry and Rock Candy on the White. Add "sprinkles" and "cherries" using these same colors. Draw lines on the cupcake base with Walnut Stain Distress Stickles. Let all of these pieces dry completely.

cupcake trio

cupcake trio

6. Create a card base and add two complimentary pieces of pattern paper. If desired, add Distress Stickles accents as I did on the polka dot paper. I used the same colors here as I used on the cupcakes. I added a bit of Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the upper piece of cardstock using the Ink Blending Tool but that's totally up to you.

7. Add a decorative strip to the card covering the pattern paper seam.

8. Stamp sentiment, mount on cardstock and add to the card.

9. Assemble the cupcakes. Use double stick foam on the upper layers if needed. I had to use a piece on the center cupcake to hold up the upper most layer.

Your card is now ready to brighten someones day!

cupcake trio

Have a wonderful day Friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. those cupcakes are so cute! I love the sugary frosted look you gave them! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, the glitter glue looks JUST like sugar sprinkles on the frosting-- I love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!