Saturday, May 22, 2010

Laser Cut Rubber Stamps vs. Acrylic Stamps!

If you recall a few weeks ago I posted that Queen Kat Designs was switching from acrylic stamps to laser etched stamps.

Well, on Thursday I rec'd my very first shipment of laser cut stamps and OH MY!! What a difference it makes.

The first few sets of images are from the May Get Inked Kit ~ Vintage Baking.

Hostess - Acrylic

Acrylic Stamp - QKD

VS

Hostess - Laser Cut

Laser Cut Stamp - Hostess - QKD

Coffee Grinder - Acrylic

Coffee Grinder - Acrylic

VS

Coffee Grinder - Laser Cut

Coffee Grinder - Laser Cut - QKD

Sentiments

Now I'm not as in love with the sentiments laser cut (Acrylic - Right, Laser - Left) as it seems to "clean up" some of the grungy nature of some fonts. I'll have to see about trying a few more to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Laser Cut & Acrylic Sentiments - QKD

And now for a sneak peek at June's stamps ~ Architecture. Just check out the AMAZING detail it can capture....

Laser Cut Stamps 006

So now it's your turn, what do you think?

Likes, dislikes????

3 comments:

  1. Roni--

    I have always preferred rubber to acrylic, but the reason was always just "gut feel." You've now proven that rubber is better than acrylic! Thanks for the comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like quite a bit more detail shows up with the laser cut stamps. That's always good...unless you want grungy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is laser cut the same as the red rubber or grey colored "rubber"?

    I'm an acrylic fan just because of the transparency. I love rubber because of the way it accepts different inks. There was an obvious difference in the photos though. Even better is a cling and not a woodmount.

    I'll take them how I can get them..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!