Friday, May 21, 2010

Just For Fun Color Challenge #12 & Ink Stained Card Sketch!

Happy Friday!!

It's that time of the week...

Just For Fun Color Challenge time!

This week we have some fun colors to play with....

JFFCC12

I love these colors and with the recent addition of the new Distress Ink color Rusty Hinge it's perfect timing!

Initially I thought of this tag....

JFF Color Challenge #12 - Roni 004

I used Adirondack Acrylic dabbers for the background, stamped images and edges.

Stamps used: H2890 - Tree Line & WB8010 - Just a Note Word Block

The past couple weeks I have missed the Ink Stained Card Sketch since we were moving so I thought I'd pair it with the Color Challenge and give you a twofer!

Here is the Ink Stained Sketch for today...It incorporates a shipping tag which I just LOVE as well as some sort of funky edge. I created mine by first roughing up the turquoise cardstock with my MM Distress tool then cutting the cream cardstock with my Deckle edge cutting blade. You could also tear the edges, use deco scissors or if using mulberry paper just add water!

Ink Stained Card Sketch

5-20-10

Ink Stained Sketch 52010

and here is the card I created using this sketch!

JFF Color Challenge #12 - Roni 001

Supplies:

Stamps: F3145 - Lone Tree, E3130 - Ticking Bkg., F1872 - Long Script, WB8013 - B-day Word Block

Adirondack Acrylic Dabber - Pool & Sandal - Ranger

Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge - Ranger

Ink Blending Tool - Ranger

The shipping tag was created using the Faux Wood Grain/IBT technique (which I'm working on a new post to share with you in the near future!). The tree was stamped with Pool AAD paint.

The upper background paper was made using the mono-print technique with Pool & Sandal Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers. I stamped the ticking with Pool and the edges were inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.

The lower background paper was painted with Sandal Adirondack Acrylic Dabber then smudged up with Pool AAD paint. I stamped the script (yes, this is one of my fav. JFF stamps!) using Rusty Hinge DI which was also used on the edges.

Now, it's your turn to create!

If you'd like to take part in the JFF Color Challenge #12 be sure to add your link to the post on the JFF Blog.

And while you're at it, be sure to check out the other cool and amazing goodies from the rest of the JFF Design Team!




Have a wonderful weekend Friends!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love how you do all your ink stained techniques!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS and I love your sketch! I may be playing a little later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Roni, you just amaze me! All the wonderful techniques!! And that's a great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Roni! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Sketch, your attention to ink stained techniques is wonderful, I need to do more of those, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I love your ink tech niques!! I could use a few lessons from you in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the one that you used paint on - we can all stamp with paint more - it gives such an awesome effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have inspired me to pull out my paints (that are sitting right next to my desk) and try some of these techniques!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!