Saturday, May 1, 2010

Distressed Glossy Stamping

A couple of weeks ago I shared a technique I made up in order to help cover my messy stamping habits - Distressed Glue Technique.

Well, I kept experimenting and I now have a follow up technique to the original -

Distressed Glossy Stamping

This is a fun and quick alternative to clear embossing powder resist. Instead of stamping and embossing I simply used Glossy Accents to stamp the image and it worked perfectly!!

Check it out....

Supplies:

Glossy Accents

Stamps

Distress Ink

Ink Blending Tool & Foam

Cardstock (tag, chipboard, etc.)

Rubber Stamp Cleaner

Instructions:

1. Squirt a small pool of Glossy Accents on your Non-Stick Craft Mat. A little will go a long ways ~ a quarter sized pool will stamp many images.

Distress Glossy Stamping 002

2. Spread the Glossy Accents out into a thin layer.

Distress Glossy Stamping 003

3. Pounce your stamp in the Glossy Accents. Stamp off excess Glossy Accents on a seperate area of your Craft Mat.

Distress Glossy Stamping 004

4. Stamp image on your paper. Let the image(s) dry. Since this is such a thin layer of Glossy Accents it will dry very quickly. NOTE: Immediately after you are done stamping, wash the remaining Glossy Accents off your stamp.

Distress Glossy Stamping 009

5. Apply desired color(s) of Distress Ink to your cardstock using the Ink Blending Tool & Foam.

I used a variety of colors on this example just to show you how well the images showed up when paired with light and dark colors.

Distress Glossy Stamping 010

The second example was created using the same technique paired with acrylic stamps....

Distress Glossy Stamping 012

So there you go...

a great alternative to clear heat embossing resist

that is much quicker and very easy

with a minimal amount of supplies!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! OK, I love this as I never have much luck with heat embossing. This is perfect for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've done it with gel medium, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is cool!!! Simply love it. Will definitely try it out soon! Happy NSD to ya, Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a discovery - pure genius. You are so very daring - I would have been scared stiff to try this out even if I had thought of it! But you bet your sweet biffy that I will now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! AWESOME! Roni you are a genius. Your experiments are our gain!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is are just so creative and wonderful. I truly enjoy seeing what you create,such a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - love this Roni! This is definitely one I can try - always have Glossy Accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS is AWESOME!!!!!! Having to drag out the iron SUX!!! LOL SO... I'll have to give this a try and WAHOO YOU for sharing!!!!

    KelliJo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great of you to share your secrets. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow This is so cool. I cant wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to let you see how it can turn out on a metal tin. Lovin it!
    Will probably play around with it more...
    http://turnerstokens.blogspot.com/2010/05/toying-with-new-effect.html
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for sharing your new idea with us! What a great time saving idea - I am going to try that out today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never thought of doing this, and I love the resist technique result, but this is so much easier-thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! You've got my mind spinning with the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is the bomb girl. love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!