Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BFF Altered Book/Mini Album #8

Woo Hoo!!!

We're almost finished with our BFF Altered Book/Mini Album Challenge!!!

Today we're up to #8

The sentiment for today is...

8. When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off - - after I laugh my rear off!!

and

The Challenge for today is....

Use at least 3 different stamps

AND

3 colors of ink ~ Not including Black!!

How's that for a challenge!

Do you think you're up for it?

Well here is my finished pages....

I started by stamping a variety of images...a ruler and mini tickets (both Tim Holtz) using black ink and dots (Queen Kat Designs) with Barn Door Distress Ink. (that's 3 stamps and one ink color for those keeping count!)

BFF 8 002

Next I inked up the images as follows:

Ruler - Wild Honey & Vintage Photo

Tickets - Stormy Sky, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Victorian Velvet

Dots - Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed

BFF 8 003

Mounted the paper on my beer coasters then edged each page with Vintage Photo.

BFF 8 004

After I added the photo I stamped a flourish (Fancy Pants) using Forest Moss.

BFF 8 005

BFF 8 007

BFF 8 006

That's 4 stamps total and way more than 3 colors :)

So there you go!

Only 2 more challenges left

and

our Altered BFF Books will be a book - LOL!!

10 comments:

  1. This is my fave page so far! I love all the colors!! I hope to play catch up on Sunday as Id gotten 3 weeks before because I wanted to paint my kitchen LOL
    How did you get all the tickets in different colors? I assumed you used the ink blending tool but when I start blending int he middle of a page I always get a really dark starting line from setting it down...help lol
    Thanks for another beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roni -

    While I loved all the pages, I think this one is my favorite! The colors are fantstic (hey rules were made to be broken, be a rebel - LOL)! The flourish on the photo page reminds me of the grass that grows on the dunes. Fantastic pages!!!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awsome pages! Love the stamps, colors, image, everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too dang cute.... :) wish I would have gotten in on this challenge in the beginning... looks like it's been a blast for you artists...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a real marvellous creation its fantastic and very inspiring but what does the BFF stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the book you are creating and these pages are gorgeous - the colouring, the humour - bright cheerful and summery

    You are one very talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fun, Roni! Looking forward to playing this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roni, this is my fave page too!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This page rocks! But I'm like "SequoiaLynn", when I set my IBT down to srat in the middle of a page, the lines are dark. So PLEASE tell us how to soften that look!!! Also where do you get all the "vintage" pics? HELP us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!