Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BFF Altered Book/Mini Album #10

Yes today we finish up with our final challenge in the BFF Altered Book/Mini Album. I know I had promised to post a few binding options as well but I haven't had time to get them around yet...I have to go sew today but I'm going to try to work on them tonite and possibly get them posted this evening as well.

On to today's BFF Altered Book/Mini Album Challenge #10

Today's sentiment is:

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only YOU Can feel the True warmth...

And your challenge is....

What else could it be...incorporate the color yellow into your design! LOL ~ sorry just couldn't resist! As a secondary challenge if you are up to it ~ Use at least one stamp on this set of pages that you haven't used in any of the previous challenges.

Here is how my page came together...

I started off by adding a single coat of Butterscotch Acrylic Dabber. I wanted a bit of the coaster to show through.

BFF Album #10 003

Since it looked a bit too "clean" for the feel of my book I distressed it a bit with Espresso Dabber.

BFF Album #10 004

Next I stamped my leaves (JFF) on both pages using Library Green Archival Ink.

BFF Album #10 005

I added a layer of Scattered Straw Distress Stickles to both pages and finished them off by adding my image and sentiment.

(The Stickles made it REALLY hard to get good pics)

BFF Album Challenge #10 001

BFF Album Challenge #10 002

BFF Album Challenge #10 003

Well, that's all she wrote!

Both literally and figuratively...

We've finished with the challenges and now all we have left is the binding.

Later tonite I'll try to get a few different ideas around and I have a few pages to share with you that were sent to me by a couple Ink Stained Friends :)

See You Then!

6 comments:

  1. I love it, including the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni, the quote is hilarious! :) Love the mini too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Roni!!! Now I'll be spending all afternoon trying to decide how to incorporate yellow into my final pages. As for stamps not used yet elsewhere in the book--I have a couple of good ones I've been saving especially for this verse! Can't wait to get done with work and go home and play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol love the sentiment! fab creation - love Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific piece, beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!