Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Part for Earth Day!!!

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!

I am doing my part on Earth Day to keep stuff out of the landfill.

Take a look at this....

Junk Fun 001

My dad took me to a junk sale today and it was "Box Day"...they had cardboard boxes sitting around with prices marked on the side. Everything you can fit in the box for whatever price was marked on the box!!!!!!!!!

I got both of these boxes ~ which are neatly packed to fit more in ~ for $10.00!!!! A freakin gold mine of ephemera, crafty goodness! All sorts of paper ephemera, vintage sheet music, vintage Good Housekeeping, Look magazines, etc. from the 40's, 50's & 60's. Several old dictionaries and foreign language books, old games & game boards, glass bottles, plaques, stuff to alter, etc.

I found these way cool glass cigar box covers...I guess the cigar stores used to open the box, slide these covers on over the lid and exposed yet protected the cigars!! There are 5 of them but only 2 still have the writing on them.

Junk Fun 003

This box full of very old jingle bells...(not to mention the awesome cardboard box they are in!)

Junk Fun 004

Just all sorts of goodness...

Junk Fun 005

They do this every 5-6 weeks!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo going back! It's pack rat heaven....lol!!!

You want to know the kicker...the guy said if it didn't sell by the weekend he was going to burn, trash or donate to Goodwill what was left!!!!!!! NO!!!!! I about passed out...Hence the two boxes - LOL!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is great!! Such treasures! I do have a question...I have some old (1924) Good Housekeeping magazines. I'm wondering if you use the original picture or make photo copies of them? I'm dying to use them. Thanks!!

    I love your blog!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous haul!! Be still my junkin heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - did you tell the guy you'd be back for the leftovers?!!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to hide these in the garage and slowly sneak them into my studio - LOL! Artist paradise!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gravy!!!!!!!!!!! You are so, so lucky to have something like that where you are!!! I'm so drooling right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! What a great bunch of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit the mother load with all that stuff. Way to go! I am glad to see that someone who could appreciate it got it instead of having it go up in smoke.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!