We're half way through our BFF Challenge!!
Let's get right to it!
BFF Altered Book/Mini Album
BFF #5 Sentiment:
5. When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
BFF #5 Challenge:
Recycle It! The only cardstock you can use is for your images/sentiment...everything else has to be recycled! AND for a second challenge if you're up to it that is...no additional "bought" embellishments either...try to make those from recycled goodies too! I will allow bought fasteners (brads, staples, eyelets) since those are darn near impossible to reuse...yes, I tried ;) and of course if you want to use inks, paints, stamps that's great too.
So are YOU up for this very GREEN challenge?!?!?
Here is what I came up with....
old encyclopedia pages
pattern tissue paper
1. Tear up the old encyclopedia pages in to bits...glue them to your base using your favorite collage adhesive. I like Collage Pauge by Duncan. Let dry completely.
2. Cut several 1" circles (15-20 per flower) from extra encyclopedia pages. NOTE: Since this type of paper is VERY thin I had to fold it so I was punching through 4 layers so my punch wouldn't jam.
3. Punch a hole in all of the circles along one side... Stack 15-20 petals on an upturned brad. You're going to layer these around the brad just like the petals of a flower are layered around it's center.
4. Fold the prongs to secure the paper petals. Now crumble and fluff the flower...
5. Give each flower one or two squirts of Glimmer Mist.
6. Add color to your foundation with a few squirts of Glimmer Mist.
7. Fold and add Glimmer Mist to pattern paper. This will be come "ribbon" and I also cut leaves from the extra.
8. Assemble the rest of the collage...
And there you go!
Challenge #5 ready to be added to the finished page pile!!
Be sure to check out Kim's version of #3 challenge she posted on her blog! - Inspiration of the Day. If you'd like to share your BFF creations be sure to post a link so we can all admire them :)