Anyway, today I have a really quick technique that offers up WAY cool results ~ Wax Paper Resist. It takes very little supplies ~ probably most of you already have ~ a small amount of time and it does require you to get a little inky ;) At least if you're like me it does - LOL!! Yes, I'm a bit messy!
Wax Paper Resist
Ink Blending Tool & Foam
Non-Stick Craft Sheet
1. Crumble wax paper into a small ball. Open the wax paper up and place it on the non-stick craft mat. Notice the photo ~ I didn't smooth it out too well...you want the wax paper to be pretty rumpled for the next step.
2. Place your glossy cardstock face down (glossy side) directly on the wax paper.
3. Hold the paper in place and iron the back of the glossy cardstock. You need to make sure the cardstock doesn't move around or you'll end up with a blurry effect.
4. Remove the cardstock from the wax paper and let cool.
5. Add Distress Inks using the Ink Blending Tool & Foam. As you add ink you'll magically see a cool pattern emerge.
Here are a few finished examples....
You can use one color of ink....
Apply the ink in a gradient effect....
I think this combination of inks ~ Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain ~ looks a bit like faux leather!
So there you go...
another fun background technique that is
lots of fun!
What do you think?
Look like something you'd use?
Have a great weekend everyone!!!
NOTE: Be sure to check out ~