Before I get to the project, I wanted to talk a bit about Collage Pauge Decopague Glue... It's something I discovered while working on the book. It's a great alternative to Mod Podge glue. Why you might ask? Well, I have found that most of the time Mod Podge has a tacky finish. The jar even tells you it must be sealed to remove this sticky feel. Well, you won't get that sticky finish with Collage Pauge! It's great... Besides it being a nice finish it also takes inks and paints very well. It's definitely my collage adhesive of choice!
Postcard Art #5
Collage Photo Frame
Supplies (basic frame):
Postcard images (printed on cardstock or copy paper)
Collage Pauge Decoupage Medium (adhesive)
Ink Blending Tool
Distress Crackle Paints
1. Print and trim postcard images.
2. Dab on black acrylic paint... and swipe for a dry brush look.
Note: this step is actually optional ~ this step just takes away that brand new feel and adds a nice patina.
3. Cover entire frame in this fashion...
4. Apply a layer of adhesive to an area of the frame...
5. Begin layering images on the frame. Use the foam brush and your fingers to smooth the images while adding another layer of collage medium to the top of the image. Fold over any edges and continue adding the adhesive.
TIP: If one of your images falls on an inside corner, cut the image in the center and adhere the two sections as shown.
6. Continue adding images and collage medium until the entire frame has been covered. When you're finished, apply one more coat of collage medium to the entire frame. Let dry completely.
Now, you could call the frame good enough right here...BUT, you know me...gotta ink it up a bit ;) LOL!!
7. (optional) To achieve a nice even tone apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink (or other desired color) using the Ink Blending Tool & Foam.
Now, you may have bare spots on your photo frame that look like this....
8. (optional) Just add a dab of Distress Crackle Paints here and there!!!
And here is what you get...
Way cool huh?
Well, I hope you've enjoyed all of these Postcard Art Techniques and Projects this week...
Remember the Postcard Art Give-A-Way...
For today's project I'm adding a photo frame for you to alter
as well as 10 postcards to start your own postcard collection!!!
Sunday in addition to posting several more postcards
I'll be drawing the winner of the Postcard Art Give-A-Way
so remember to post a comment to be entered!!
Good Luck Friends!!