This is what I'm talking about....States or Destinations where each letter of the word has a small image printed on it. This example is for the Catskill Mts. in NY but there are all sorts of them out there.
Anyway, that's what we're going to be doing only we're not going to just stick to vacation destinations! You can give virtually any name or word this fun look.
Postcard Art #3
Vintage Vacation Words
Printed Postcard images (on cardstock or copy paper)
Chipboard letters (chunky letters work best)
Quick Tacky Glue - Aleene's (LOVE this glue!!)
Ink Blending Tool
1. Print desired images onto cardstock or copy paper. Either work well for this technique. You will need to be sure you size your images to the proper size for your letters. I hand cut my letters roughly 3" square so that's the size I printed my images off as.
2. Determine which letter works best with each image. By doing so you can be sure you won't be trimming off the important parts of each image.
3. Cover the entire front side of the chipboard letter with a thick tacky glue. I like to use Aleene's Quick Thick Tacky glue for this type of technique. The glue stays put and you don't end up with lots of adhesive smooshing out around the edges. Makes the whole process much neater.
4. Place the glued chipboard letter face down on the back side of the image. When you're satisfied with the placement, burnish with the brayer to ensure good contact on all edges.
5. Once dry, trim off excess edges. Sand any ragged edges if necessary.
6. Apply desired color of Distress Ink using the Ink Blending Tool & Foam. I like to use a combination of Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain (VP first then WS to darken the edges) but you can use whatever you like.
And here is what it looks like....
(lol...sorry, couldn't resist!!!)
Isn't this a great technique...you could create personalized gifts,
use them on scrapbook pages or add them to album covers!!
I know I've said it before but seriously,
the sky's the limit...the possibilities are endless!
Today I've added a supply of chipboard letters
the "FUN" word from the example
to the Postcard Art goodie bag!
Remember anyone who posts on any of the
"Postcard Art" techniques
will be entered to win...
Drawing to be held 9-20!!