Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fat Book - Continued

A couple ladies had some additional questions so I sent them an e-mail with a bit more info...I thought I'd post it here to in case you're on the fence about joining ;)

I'm so glad you are interested but understand the confusion. Right now as it is I think we're going to be working on 2 Fat Pages a month (20 pages, 10 of for each page - one per person in the swap)...so basically if you do all 10 themes we will be working on it for 5 months - 2 themes, 20 pages a month. In the end everyone will have 100 - 4x4 themed pages or a Fat Book.

Now, I know this sounds like ALOT but there are a few things to keep in mind....

  • They are only 4x4 so pretty small. Fat Book Pages are just ATC's on a 4x4 canvas!
  • If you've ever made a card, scrapbook layout or ATC you're already half there!
  • You will only have to come up with 2 designs a month. You just make 10 *copies of each. (*NOTE - these are not Xerox copies...they are the real thing (stamped images, quotes, embellishments, etc)...so 10 pages of 1 design for each theme. Just like an ATC or other swap.)
  • It's spread out over a longer period of time so nobody will feel rushed.
  • You'll have a whole month to work on your 2 pages and can send them at any time during that month.
  • Each person gets to choose 1 theme for everyone to work on. (ex - retro, western, vintage, vogue, humor, B-word, etc.)
  • All of the individual themes (10 total) will be set ahead of time so if you feel motivated you can work ahead!
  • There are no limitations on what you can use...rubber stamps, computer generated images, fabrics, metals, embellishments, etc. You can add whatever you like to your pages so there are no restrictions on your creativity! Basically, Anything Goes!!
  • Remember, there is no right or wrong. Everyone has their own style from clean & simple to messy & cluttered (umm, that would be me!). These are going to be little pieces of each other shared among friends!

Examples: I found several examples to get you inspired....
http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/04/joanna-sheen-fat-book-swap-pretty-woman.html
http://b-muse.com/FLB-Collage-gallery.HTM
http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/rock.html
http://themessycrafter.blogspot.com/search/label/Fat%20Book%20Pages
http://craftinginasmallspace.blogspot.com/
http://pinkleart.blogspot.com/search/label/Fat%20Pages
Hope this helps :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm in! I went back and reread the older post as well...
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun way to get me motivated to try something new. I'm in! Let me know what else you need from me. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to clarify, when you say "copies" you don't mean photo copies do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!! I'll put both of you down :)

    Shannon - Nope, not xerox. Actual pages. 10 of one design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Right after I posted my question about a due date on the previous post, I read this one.
    So, will this be similar to an ATC swap then? We send in our 10 pages with SASE and get 10 pages back? And we do this every month??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - Yes, this is going to be just like an ATC swap! I sent you an e-mail but incase anyone else was wondering...it's going to be 2 sets of pages per month. So you'd be sending in 2 sets (10 pages in each set) a month and it would run for 5 months straight. All of the themes within the main catagory would be set before we begin so if you want to work ahead you can. I will just hold onto the early pages until the proper month. At the end of 5 months everyone is going to end up with a FAT BOOK filled with 100 - 4x4 pages all about women :) I'm very excited about this and can't wait to begin!!!

    ONLY 1 & 1/2 SPOTS LEFT!!! IF YOU"RE INTERESTED IT'S TIME TO SIGN UP!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!