Friday, October 25, 2019

Creepy Caravan Blog Hop

Hello Friends!

Today I have a special Halloween creation for you that I made for the 
Creepy Caravan Blog Hop!


My drawer full of the macabre!


People often think I'm nuts when I buy random stuff. 
This was one of those purchases - a rusty old metal drawer.
It had so much character I couldn't resist.


A little bit of this, a little bit of that and it turned into the perfect Halloween piece.


I wanted the top section of the drawer to be like a rusty night sky so I started off by die-cutting lots of stars from Silver/Glossy Gold and Silver Starstruck Rinea Foiled Paper and attached them to the back, top and sides of this section. I tore up bits of a really cool looking mulberry type paper to make the clouds.  The last couple pieces I added were an owl that I made using a mould from Retro Cafe Art and a moon (not sure who made the mould) and Amazing Casting Resin (white) (all of the resin pieces were painted using DecoArts acrylic paint). I finished the owl off with a bit of Fab Fuchsia Metallic Lustre and the moon with Lavish Green Metallic Lustre.


The next section of the drawer was filled with a fun and creepy collage image from Gecko Galz and a vintage looking bottle label. This also contains a plastic skeleton from the Dollar General a resin hand and skull (both moulds from Retro Cafe Art) which were all rubbed with DecoArt Silver Spark Metallic Lustre.  I added some putka pods and a pumpkin embellishment that's been in my stash a few years now.


This section contains another label and collage image from Gecko Galz, a resin tree (mould from Retro Cafe Art), more putka pods and another pumpkin. I used the putka pods and pumpkins to tie it all together.


The final drawer section has a few frozen charlotte dolls made using one of my favorite molds from Articus Studio (link below), Amazing Casting Resin and the Silver Spark Metallic Lustre.  I also made another skeletal hand and skull (both moulds from Retro Cafe Art).

Hope you've enjoyed my Creepy Creation...
Be sure to check out the rest of the Creepy Caravan Makers...

Image may contain: text

It's Oddly Appealing

Whimsy Chic Papercrafts

Kelly Parker Designs

Scrap Savvy Creations

Life in a Snapshot

Karla Yungwirth Designs

Scrapstorian

Stephanie Eaton

Ink Stained Roni - You Are Here :)

Matter of Crafts

Jennifer Gagne

Nelly’s Artistic Creations

Supplies:

Old Metal Drawer
Rinea Foiled Paper - Silver/Glossy Gold; Silver Starstruck
Gecko Galz - Collage Images
Retro Cafe Art - Owl, Skull (lg), Skull (sm), Skeletal Hand, Tree Moulds
Articus Studio - Frozen Charlotte Mold
Face Mold - Unknown
Amazing Casting Resin - White
DecoArt - Lamp Black Acrylic Paint, Metallic Lustre - Silver Spark, Fab Fuchsia, Lavish Green
Putka Pods
White Pumpkin Embellishment
Black Webbing
White Mulberry Paper
Surebonder Hot Glue Gun

5 comments:

  1. I love how you made over this old drawer, Roni! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderfully seasonal tray Roni! Perfect decor for Halloween. Love all your bitty details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this altered drawer such an awesome idea! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!! I love the way you repurposed the metal drawer! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!