Monday, October 5, 2015

Wedding Cards

This past weekend we went to a wedding and so I made a couple cards (one from us and one from youngest DS & his fiance).  I wasn't sure what her colors were so I went very traditional....  What do you think?


This card was made by stamping a wedding verse background stamp repeatedly over a piece of cardstock - the bride was stamped and embossed on a sheet of Vellum then mounted with a piece of vintage lace.  It was mounted on silver metallic cardstock then attached to the card base.

After I took the photo I realized how bare it was on the lace so I added some rhinestones.


The inside had a flap with more of the silver metallic cardstock then inside the verse was stamped on vellum and attached to a silver panel with more lace.  The flap was there to hold the $'s in.


This is the card I made for Bob and Morgan to give to the couple....  It's all stamped and embossed on a gold pearl metallic cardstock but it doesn't show up in the photos.  I stamped Congratulations! on the inside.

Since the cards and gifts aren't opened at the wedding any longer you never quite know if they were well received or not.  I hope they liked them.



5 comments:

  1. I like both of them, but if I did have to choose I'd say I preferred the second one...not sure why though I do like the strong stamped imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two cards are really very lovely and the Bride and Groom should love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sure they liked them. They are very beautiful. The second card is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!