Thursday, March 19, 2009

Technique Requests & More

I ended up having to go back to the dr. today for a return visit to see how my bronchitis/URI/whatever was coming along so I didn't get to play like I wanted. :( Boo Hisss! Terrible when things like that get in the way of crafting isn't it.

BUT, Phinny reminded me yesterday that I never shared the list I compiled of techniques that everyone posted or e-mailed me. I didn't keep track of numbers but there were several that were repeated by many people. Below is a list of what everyone said they were interested in seeing....FYI - I lumped some techniques or products into one group since they were similar.

These first few were the most requested above and beyond the rest...


  1. UTEE - anything and everything to do with this ep.

  2. Image Transfer Techniques

  3. Shrink Plastic - seems everyone has it but doesn't do anything with it.

  4. Old = New - new or different ways to use old supplies (chalks, stickers, pattern papers, etc.)

  5. Beeswax - everything about it.

  6. Collage - How to + examples of finished collages

  7. Multi- Media Art - Dimensional art incorporating more than just paper.

  8. Metal - etching, patinas, rust, mesh, etc.

  9. Fabric/Trim/Ribbon - ideas for using them on cards, ATC's, LO's & other projects

  10. Clear Stuff - working with acetate, transparencies, acrylics, etc.

While these didn't make it into the top 10 there were still multiple requests for many of them....


  1. Plaster Frames - texture, stamped, etc.

  2. Masking - the rubber stamp type of masking - not the stencil type

  3. Distress Metallic Paints

  4. Distress Stickles

  5. Masks - Tim Holtz/Heidi Swapp type of masks - incorporating the large masks into smaller projects

  6. Watercolor techniques for stamped images

  7. Flat Gift Ideas - suitable for mailing

  8. Alcohol Inks - more, more, more!

  9. Charms - all sorts

  10. Glimmer Mist Ideas

  11. Sticky Back Canvas

  12. Pearl Ex

  13. Canvas Techniques or projects to make out of canvas.

  14. Mica

  15. Dry Embossing

  16. Mod Podge projects

  17. Clay/Paper Clay

  18. Twinkling H2O's

  19. Gesso/Texturing

  20. Altered Books/Altered Journals

  21. Angelina Film

  22. Card ideas and tips on how to come up with card lay-outs

  23. Solar Plate Etching

Now you might be wondering what the blue highlighted techniques are all about...these projects, techniques or products are included in some way in my book :) That doesn't mean I won't share these with you, I just have to be careful about which techniques I share.

Since tomorrow is Friday I thought I'd share a card lay-out with you and a few other goodies over the weekend. Next week I will start sharing variety of UTEE techniques since that seems to be the most popular request. After that, I plan on sharing several image transfer techniques that I didn't have room to fit into the book.

Sound like a good plan? I hope so :)

If you do think of a technique, project or product you'd like to see just let me know. I'd be more than happy to do what I can to share it with everyone!

Happy Day Friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting together the list, Roni. Now I am super excited, first b/c you got so many good ideas, and second b/c they are all so great. I look forward to more Ink Stained goodness on lots of fun techniques and products. Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!