Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Domino Art II

Before I show you today's project I wanted to share what I created with the dominoes from yesterday.

I added a layer of Stickles (lime green) over the entire domino and added a magnetic strip to the back.

IMG_1871


I made a key chain from the purple domino by drilling a hole in one corner, adding a layer of Glossy Accents and slipping on the key chain hardware. I added a few little bells just for fun :)

IMG_1870


And finally for my little blue boy I made into a necklace by drilling a hole, adding a layer of Glossy Accents, a bit of wire and a bead.

IMG_1876


Today's project takes stamping on dominoes to a larger scale. Instead of stamping on one domino I used 4 jumbo white dominoes. All ink used in this project is Archival Ink by Ranger which I used to stamp and color the dominoes.

Supplies:

4 Jumbo White Dominoes

Archival Ink - Library Green, Crimson, Navy Blue - Ranger

Posh Gold Pen - Ranger

Gold Acrylic Dabber - Ranger

Stickles Glitter Glue - Ranger

Darkroom Door - Rose & Sentiment

DCWV Pattern Paper

Clear Acrylic Spray

Liquid Adhesive

Gemstones - Blue Moon Beads

Instructions:

1. Place all 4 dominoes in desired pattern on a hard surface.

2. Ink stamp using 2 colors of ink...green for the stem & maroon for the flower and stamp.

IMG_1866

and here is what it looks like....

IMG_1867
3. You can leave the dominoes as they are to use on a card or other project OR you can take it a step further and add a bit more color. Using a small/medium sized stipple brush pounce on Navy Blue Archival Ink around the flower/stem. Let Dry....

IMG_1868

Now you have a cool set of dominoes to use for a variety of goodies! A small canvas, card, dimensional scrapbook lay-out, etc.

IMG_1869

I made a chipboard Birthday plaque that could be attached to a card and removed later for display :)

happy birthday rose dominoes001

Tomorrow I'll be sharing a project that incorporates mini dominoes into a fun ATC ~
Hope you'll stop in and check it out!
Till then friends...happy stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Roni, can you tell me what you use to drill holes in the dominoes? I have some dominoes I would like to use my AI on and I am concerned about drilling into them! Thanks for the post - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sure can.... I have an imitation Dremel tool that I use. It's a wonderful little tool. It can sand, drill, buff, etc. just like the original and it cost about 1/2 the price :)

    You do want to make sure if you get one it has a small and large bit holder (I can't remember the technical term but it's the part where your tools fit into.). If you get one that has only a small bit holder, larger drill bits (like I used for this hole) won't fit. I didn't know this until dh explained it all to me. Luckily mine came with both (whew!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Roni-just curious-what do you do with the back of your dominos??

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so beautiful! Thanks for showing several ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbi ~ If I'm using AI's to color the domino on the front I usually take it around all sides. Since the back has the dots I normally will apply a word and/or collage image that coordinates with the theme/feeling on the front side. I sometimes will use pattern paper to cover the dots entierly then add the collage items.

    I will also use a metallic paint pen around the edges from time to time if it works with everything else.

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!