Sunday, August 18, 2024

More Gecko Galz Challenges for August

 As I mentioned in my last post I have been playing along with the challenges at Gecko Galz blog for a while now. Each month they have a theme which I shared in my previous post but they also have several other challenges where GG provides a specific image and you create a project using that image. 

Here is what I made for these challenges....


The image for the card challenge...I just LOVE the blue - she's beautiful don't you think?


A very pretty image for the Christmas challenge - I used a few bits from my stash including the lovely Dresden trim. It's been in my collection for such a long time - it's great to put it to use.


The dragon is the Fantasy challenge image. It's so funny because I had JUST seen this funny quote on FB recently and knew it would be the perfect addition. The witch is from "The Witches" collage set. 


The 3 little ghosts on a swing is the Gothic challenge image. You all know how much I LOVE Halloween. Well I couldn't pass up this chance to make a decoration for my favorite holiday. I made this altered 3D decoupage canvas - it's got 4 different layers which doesn't show up real well but.....


They do show up better in the dark when you turn on the tiny fairy lights I have hidden inside!!!
I am so excited about this piece - it is so much fun, I can't wait to display it this Halloween.


It's hard to get "dark" pics of it but I hope you can get the spooky "effect" I was going for.


Finally my take on the Steampunk challenge image. She was so very pretty and I choose to emphasize the blue in the image with the addition of blue inks and sequins to make her pop.

Hope you have enjoyed my take on these fun collage challenges.


2 comments:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!