Art Journals are all the rage at the moment and if you’re like me you would love to make one BUT the journaling part is holding you back. I have honestly tried several times to try and get into the whole art journal thing…I took a class, scoured Pinterest, read blog after blog about how much fun it is but I just can’t get past the words.
When Amanda challenged us to create a project centering on Planners or Journals I decided to give something new (to me) a try….a Glue Book! It is like an art journal without the stress of journaling. I can create, ink, stamp and get as messy as I want without having to come up with any of the deep, meaningful, soul searching messages found in so many art journals. I can simply glue pictures into a book and enjoy the process of getting inky.
Welcome to my “Farm Life” glue book adventure!
1. The first step to is choosing a book to use as the foundation. I love vintage ephemera so I decided to use this old ledger as my glue book. I tore out some of the pages to make room for the new “stuff” I was going to be gluing to the pages.
2. I gathered images I wanted to glue into my book, my spatula and Creative Medium.
3. I started off by spritzing on a bit of Summer Sky Fireworks! Spray.
4. Glue pictures down as desired. This is the fun part…there are no rules, just enjoy yourself.
5. Embellish the page as desired…doodling, stamping, embossing, etc. It’s all fair game.
This is how my title page turned out. Yes it’s wrinkle-y but that’s o.k…it doesn’t matter, it’s a glue book!
Finished Eggs Glue Book spread.
Finished Funky Chicken spread.
I'm going to continue to add pages to the glue book through out the year...I will share as I finish them up. Oh and I'm adding pics of other aspects of farm life rather than just animals. I found some really cool apron pics I wanted to include as well as "farm decor" type images as well...mostly things I want to make at some point. I think as I collect more and more pics this might turn into an art journal/inspiration/idea book. Just because I keep finding more and more things I want to add to it.
That's the beauty of a glue book...it can be whatever you want it to be. So if you want to get into art journaling but are put off by the journaling part maybe a glue book is for you too!
Journal, Washi Tape, Pictures
Artistic Outpost – Birds of a Feather
VivaLasVegas – Collage Stamps