Monday, September 19, 2016

Scrapbook Sketch to Card



Each month a member of the Club Scrap design team offers up a challenge for everyone to try.  This month Donna challenged us all to take a sketch and flip it....  either a scrapbook sketch into a card or a card sketch into a scrapbook layout.  I thought it sounded like fun so I went in search of a scrapbook layout to turn into a card.  I happened upon this sketch that I thought looked like fun and it just so happened to fit in perfectly with this month's kit - Garden Shed...


And here is the card I came up with following the scrapbook lo sketch....


I stamped the background with the herb stamps (using VersaMark ink & Clear EP) included in the kit.  I then die-cut the honey comb paper using 2 different size hexagon dies from spellbinders.  The bee, snail and sentiment were all stamped then adhered to the card.  I added the flowers but it still looked a bit bare so I made some scratchy lines using a brown gel type pen.  Each of the flowers has a faux gemstone either in harvest yellow or clear.

It's not an exact replica and I used image stamps in the background instead of text but I like how it turned out.  Similar enough to show the inspiration but still mine in my own quirky way.

Have you ever tried to flip flop a sketch from scrapbook to card or visa versa?  How did yours turn out?

Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Garden Shed Kit papers, stamps
Imagine - VersaMark Ink, Clear EP, Memento Dye Ink
Prima - Flowers
Foray Stylemark Pens

4 comments:

  1. I really like the tone on tone stamping on the background! Way to make the sketch yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job, Roni. I may have to give it a try someday soon. Thanks for sharing your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this card Roni! Will have to 'scraplift' this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you take the elements off the sides. Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!