Monday, September 5, 2016

Grow Kindness CTS #188

Happy Labor Day!
(to my friends here in the USA)

Happy Monday to everyone else.

It's nice to have an extra day off of work - well most of us do.  I decided to (in addition to watching the Cubs beat the Brewers) play in my art room for a nice change of pace!


I am working on a few projects for some DT commitments and while things are drying I wanted to work on a few challenges that seem to be filling my inbox lately.  Today I wanted to tackle the CAS(E) this Sketch! #188.


It matched the newest Club Scrap kit - Garden Shed that I rec'd in the mail on Saturday.  The kit included some cool wooden garden stakes which I thought looked exactly like the little tabs on the sketch.  Since I am going to be mailing it though I thought it would be cool to make the stakes from brown fun foam instead!  It was so quick and easy I actually ended up making several extras.  I grunged them up a bit with some Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black inks just to make them look "used".  

The collage image was also included in the kit and all I did was stamp it and color it with my pastel pencils.  Stamped the sentiment on one of the "wooden" stakes and assembled according to the sketch.  Easy peasy!   

This was a really fun sketch, I enjoyed playing along with it.

Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Garden Shed  stamps, papers, fiber
Imagine - Memento Dye Ink - Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Ink - Black
Stabilo - Pastel Pencils
Fun Foam

1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!