Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Garden Shed Blog Hop

Welcome, welcome!!  Another month coming to a close which means it's time for another fun Club Scrap Blog Hop!  This month's kit - Garden Shed has been fun to play with - the colors, stamps and lovely papers have truly inspired me.  I wanted to play with the "soft" side of this kit - when I say soft side for some reason these papers just look dreamy to me so I wanted to make something a little elegant and pretty.

Recently I bought a few new die-cuts from Spellbinders and had the perfect idea to play off of the Garden Shed theme...  what do you find in many gardens???  Gates of course so I created this keepsake box with a see through garden gate top....  well, the design looks like a garden gate to me anyway ;)



The box was created using book board scraps from Club Scrap then covered with a variety of papers.


I even decorated the inside of the box with one of the fun garden themed prints.


And then I filled it with cards that I made using the Cut-Aparts from the kit as well as salvaged scraps from all of the projects and cards I made earlier in the month.  A fun way to put those scraps to use!




The card above and below were made as a pair using inlaid die-cuts as "windows" into the garden.  The tree images out in the garden are actually digital images from the Garden Shed Digital kit!  The first time I've used a digital scrapbook kit :)  Actually CS makes it easy - you can just copy, paste and resize it to any size you like.  You know it's got to be easy if I can do it - LOL!!

I left the cards very clean and simple because I thought the teal was lovely with the stark white of the cardstock.  The images behind were printed then I water colored each image differently.  The top panel with the inlaid die-cut was then mounted onto the card base with double stick foam tape to pop it off the background to give the illusion that you were actually looking out into the garden.



The upper portion of this card was stenciled with New Sprout Memento Ink and the stencil that came with the kit.



To make the box I assembled a plain box with book board.  It was later covered with various cardstock pieces inside and out.


I cut 4 layers of the same die-cut from cardstock and glued them all together.


I then cut the appropriate sized hole from the box lid, papered, added a piece of acetate and then the stacked die-cuts.  Once I had attached the lid to the box I added a piece of cardstock with a window cut-out to hide all of the layers on the inside of the lid.

Hope you have enjoyed my stop on the hop today!

Your next stop on the hop is...


If you get lost along the way you can find the complete list of participants here...


Supplies:

ClubScrap.com - Garden Shed Cardstock, Cut-Aparts, Fibers/Ribbon, Buttons, Stamps, Stencil; Book Board; Book Binding Glue
Spellbinders - Die
Imagine - Memento Dye Ink; VersaColor; Sponge Dauber

18 comments:

  1. Love it Roni! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cards are great, and the Spellbinder was perfect to use with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally beautiful box you made, with alse a beautiful set of cards, Roni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That see through lid is GORGEOUS! And the cards...each one was better than the next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards for an equally beautiful box! Well done and thanks for sharing Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOHHHH never thought of doing a window box. Now I am thinking about it particularly aftger seeing your beautiful version. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow . . . mission accomplished to feature the softer side of this collection. I love how you used your new die cuts with Garden Shed and how you managed to utilize the remaining scraps from other projects you made this month. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. The memory box with the cut out is just beautiful and I love the image you used to decorate inside. Your cards are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roni your box is beautiful & love all the beautiful cards you created for the inside!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the box cover and the way you used the die cuts. The "window" card is my favorite...it really does look like you're looking out a window!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful box Roni! Love all the cards! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a thing for creating boxes too and totally adore your window box and those gorgeous cards for going inside!! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Roni! So beautiful! Love that die cut top to the box. Just great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic cards, but I absolutely adore that see through lid!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely think that looks like a garden gate. This kit is so beautiful, I don't think we could make anything with it that wasn't lovely at first sight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!