Friday, September 23, 2016

Garden Shed Artist Team Challenge

Welcome to the Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge.... This month in keeping with the Garden Shed kit the Club Scrap Artist Team was challenged to use some sort of wood embellishment in their creations.  It could be some element actually made of wood, a wood grain stamp or embossing folder, wood grain paper, etc.

Well I gave it some thought and was so inspired by the kit theme that I went ahead and made a Garden Shed Journal and holder....



I made the "holder" from book board glued together with CS Book Binding Glue.  I then painted it with green paint and added all sorts of foliage and flowers.  I had a length of picket fence that I aged with a touch of white acrylic paint and chocolate brown glaze from Deco Art.  The little welcome mat is actually a wood label from the kit that I painted and free-hand wrote welcome.


The album covers are chipboard from the pizza box the kits come it and some of the papers from the kit.  I used popsicle sticks to make the door which I also glazed with the same DecoArt medium.  The dark brown pieces on the door and roof are actually a fun foam that I heated with my heat tool and put tiny striations in to mimic wood grain.

(sorry for the blurry pic)

Here is a picture of the door open...you could put any sentiment you like behind the door.  I used a small velcro circle to hold it shut.


Inside I used some of the pattern and plain cardstock from the kit as dividers - in between the dividers are sheets of watercolor and mixed media papers to alter/decorate as desired.


And there you have it...my garden shed journal made from the Garden Shed kit!
Hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration.

Your next stop on the hop is


If you get lost along the way you can find the complete list of inspiring links here:


Have a lovely day my inky friends!

18 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful idea to use the little door on your project!! Great mini album and the adorable holder. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree very nice album.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that door!!! The album is sweet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea.
    You have a decoration as well as an album.
    the house looks great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly...this is over-the-top COOL! I love everything about this sweet little book and its holder. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Roni! It looks like a home for a gnome! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! Love the wooden door and the journal holder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! The holder and journal is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little book found it's way to me.......I love making books and have a zillion !! But this one is next on my list to make, as my husband just finiahed building a lovely Garden House out back ---it is vintage all the way !! Now I will make a little book and duplicate the one out back....thanks so much for such fun inspiration. Joan K

    ReplyDelete
  10. BERNATH cigale.nathalie@wanadoo.frSeptember 24, 2016 at 3:04 PM

    SUPERBE

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous mini album/journal! Complete with a holder, you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roni, this is totally fabulous, even to come up with the idea!
    So beautifully made, I love the total concept.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a creative project - I love all the details - what a special little project!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a sweet little idea, Roni. You wouldn't forget to journal if you saw that on your table, for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! This is so awesome! What a great idea Roni-love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!