Friday, September 12, 2014

APC Challenge Week #2 - Card 2

Woo hoo...got home early and got to finish my second card!  I'm so excited about this one.  If you recall I shared the first card yesterday....


and here is how I left the second card....


Claudine's card held the sentiment "Expand your wings, learn new things and fly".  To me that intimated a journey so I went that route.  Her card also had a fairy on it but I don't have any fairy stamps that are really my style so I improvised!  I think the figure I used paired nicely with the sentiment I chose to use....

I started off by stamping an interesting texture stamp on the background with Peanut Brittle Luxe ink.  The nice thing about this ink is that it stays wet long enough that I was able to dab on copper & gold PanPastels for a beautiful shimmer effect.  I added some "travel" themed washi tape and a nifty compass die-cut from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design.  


Next I stamped Alice on white cardstock, colored with spectrum noir colored pencils and fussy cut her.


I added the pointing finger washi tape, the sentiment and stamped a compass in the corner.  The sentiment says, "Where ever you go.... Go with all your heart."

Stamps - Background Texture - Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
Alice & Compass - Deep Red Stamps
Sentiment Font  - Ornatique


and here they are both together....


I had lots of fun making these...I can't wait to see what is to come!

10 comments:

  1. Love the second one too! Both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Cards are beautiful Roni......love the Alice Card and it's quote! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I especially love Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Roni!! Love the quote on Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are beautiful! I'm playing along, too. I've had a desk of cards I bought years ago for just this purpose, but never got started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow -- I'm in love with these, they both pop with color and life. partial to Alice though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Roni! I love your color and details. Such a fun play along. Have a great day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, such rich colors--but Ima lovin' Alice there, Roni!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!