Thursday, September 25, 2014

Altered Playing Cards - Week 3 - first half

Hi All!

As you know last week was a mad house here so I'm already behind on the Altered Playing cards and it's only week #4- LOL!!  

Sooo, this afternoon after work I started on the first half of week #3.  Claudine's playing card was made using Alcohol inks with a Steampunk theme.  (whoo hooo!!)


So I started off with Alcohol Inks too!  I used a couple different colors of blue on an old flash card (remember, I'm not using playing cards...I'm using flash cards & bingo cards).



Once it was covered I added a layer of Gold then a layer of Copper. 


Finally I took a felt soaked with Blending Solution and pounced over the entire card.  It ends up looking like a hammered metal.  (looks even better in person!)


Next I glued down a gear die-cut (Memory Box) on the card and pounced the felt I had soaked with Blending Solution over the entire die-cut.  This had picked up just enough of the AI to color the die-cut.


I then applied a layer of Crystal Lacquer over the entire card.  This will both seal the gears to the card and it will really accentuate the metal look of the AI's.


You'll need to let this layer dry completely but it looks awesome already huh?  Don't try to speed drying with a heat tool...the CL will bubble and that's not the look we're going for with this card.  I want to keep the sleek, smooth look of metal.


Once the CL had dried I applied Black StazOn to the edges.


and stamped a few Steampunk images/words...


Now for some extras ~ I stamped my sentiment (Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.)  and my Steampunk Guy Eyes.  All of the stamps used are from the Steampunk sheet from Artistic Outpost.


I colored the eyes with a variety of inks and added silver pen work for the glasses frame.  He was then cut out and matted as was the sentiment.


I decided the card needed something so I used my Bronze irRESISTible Texture Spray and flicked dots onto the card.  It was just what I was looking for.


And after it dried...I mounted my image & sentiment....


I love it! 
It's so very me :)

Tomorrow I'll be back with the second half of week 3...hopefully I'll have time to work on Week 4 over the weekend so I can get caught up with Week #5 next week!  



4 comments:

  1. Love your week three- the idea to pounce The blending solution is so neat- gotta try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- so very cool Roni! your card came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It came out so cool, thanks for sharing. I'm pinning to the board

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Roni. Love your background with the AI's and dies and then the eyes are just so cool. I am working on weeks 3 and 4. All half done!!! Hope to get them posted this weekend. Such a fun challenge. So glad you are posting here cos I don't FB. Looking forward to your next post Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!