Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Picnic Club Scrap Blog Hop & Give A Way!!

Welcome everyone to the
and
HAPPY SUMMER!!!

 photo 0614_bloghop_badge_zps6ee8a56b.jpg

This months kit was so bright and cheery - 
just perfect for welcoming in summer and all the fun that goes along with it.  


I was so tickled when I saw the huge slice of watermelon stamp that was included in the Picnic UM Collection.  It was the starting point for my whole idea for this months project.


Since everyone owns/prefers different brands of ink I thought I would share the colors I used when creating with this kit.  I used a combination of Archival and Distress Inks and they are as follows:

Archival Inks:  Leaf Green; French Ultramarine & Magenta Hue
Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean & Spun Sugar

and here's what I created....

I used the dark green cardstock to make a pocket - with a bit of the pink seed printed cardstock as it's sides to imitate a slice of watermelon.  The stamped slice of watermelon is actually the closure for the little pocket.  I added a dot of velcro hook & loop to hold the lid closed. 


Once you open  up the flap a nifty little book pops out!
The book dimensions are 3.5" x 5.5" - 
the watermelon pocket is of course a bit larger. 




Here it is totally open.....
(pause for intermission...I had to pick up my goodies and race inside as it started to rain again!)


Back on dry land - here are the various inside pages.  The book pages are laid out in sections - a large one on the left, a small page in the center houses a card that will only pull out so far where you can add journaling, small photos or other info. and one large page on the right side.  As you can see from the photo above there are 5 of these sections for a total of 20 pages as well as 5 pull out cards.  Lots of real estate for such a small book.


As I mentioned the pull out card can be viewed from both sides..
more opportunities for decorating as well!








I made a hot dog from the hamburger stamp by first stamping the bottom bun twice.  I then stamped the hamburger patty on red cardstock with a brown ink creating a pretty good likeness.  I added a bit of Liquid Pearl "Mustard to top it off.  The glass of lemon aid was stamped twice on vellum...once in yellow, once in  blue.  I fussy cut the drink portion out and mounted it over the blue glass image.  The slice of lemon was stamped on plain old cardstock.


and the rest of the book....





And I didn't forget my Gnome friend...  He's gettin' ready to barbecue in his watermelon leisure suit!  Smartly outfitted in deep watermelon green pants and belt with a pink watermelon seed designer shirt topped off with a light green check hat!  I'm sure he'll win best dressed at all the picnics this summer.  LOL!!


It's time to skip on over to Deb's blog....


remember, if you get lost along the way as you hop
you can find the complete list of blogs at:


Have a wonderful day friends!

OH MY!!!  I forgot to mention the give-a-way!!  Anyone who leaves a comment will be entered to win the Slice of Watermelon Mini Album!!

You have until 7-2-14 to post a comment to be entered into the drawing!

Good Luck :)


30 comments:

  1. Love this darling watermelon album!!!! The Gnome is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful book you made with so many pockets!!
    Now I know what to do with a watermelon!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! great creation! I love this book! You used so many great papers making it - nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your project is YUMMY!!and the gnome is right where I thought he would be!
    Loveing your part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at pull out cards! Nice touch with the mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - love the hidden cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, that's adorable. What a fantastic project! And yes, Mr. Gnome gets the best dressed award for June, 2014. Well done. :) Thanks for hopping with us and for fighting the rain to get those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun book! Perfect for summer picnic/cook-out pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful idea for this kit! who knew such a cute, and useful, book for a summer trip/vactation/or any other summer activity or time! my mind is running through so many options of scrap lifting this into a butterfly motif! thanks for the awesome inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really great - what a wonderful little book!! Love the gnome card too - he is great for any garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the book you created! Thinking about doing one for my niece's birthday. She was named Melanie but we used to call her melon-ball. The 'one in a melon' is perfect for her. The gnome is really snazzy in his picnic suit! Have a great day Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, that IS a lot of real estate for such a cute little book . . . great project. And I love the Gnome's watermelon leisure suit . . . a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the mustard on the hot dog, I needed your good idea when I was making the cards for the GTG! That mustard looks absolutely real!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roni, this is just too clever! Love how the watermelon becomes the closure for the sleeve that holds your mini!! Super cute, and that Gnome, just love this series. :) Oh and I forgot to mention, very clever idea to turn the hamburger into a hot dog, just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this book! And the gnome is looking stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea for using Picnic and the mini-book is a great idea -- perfect for capturing summer activities. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to agree with all of the above - very creative and that Gnome just fits in perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once again a project that rocks! I love all the details but especially the fact that you took a hamburger stamp to make the hot dog and then used liquid pearls for the mustard. You clever girl you. :-) The Gnome is definitely the best dressed at the picnic. Thanks for sharing your delightful project.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, so darn cute! The Gnome looks great dressed in CS's Picnic Collection!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i always look forward to your projects. They are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great to see the gnome in pink! Wonderful pocket and book, really bright and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the gnome and your book, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful! So many things to look at - love the album! Fabulous for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my--this is so clever and cute. I like how you made the hot dog.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute little book - perfect for those summer pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Darling album! And gnome is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is a cute little mini! I'd love to see how it was made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!