Friday, June 6, 2014

Club Scrap Big Deal Stamped Collage Card

Recently Rubber Stamp Madness had a call for Stamped Collage Cards....  which got me to thinkin' how much I love to make them so today I have one to share with you that I made using Club Scraps Big Deal kit/stamps plus some pages from a vintage Hoyle card game book and a few other bits.  


This collage was made on a sheet of mixed media paper that I sprayed with a couple different colors of ink.  I then used IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko's Vintage Creative Medium (more about that later) to add bits and pieces of a few inside pages of the book plus the title page (up in the lh corner). 

After the medium had time to dry I started stamping.  I started off by stamping the cards in a light grey ink and the tiny suit symbols in a vintage brown ink over the entire card.  I then stamped the large and medium suits in Red Geranium and Jet Black Archival Inks.  The joker was stamped using Watering Can (dark grey).  I stamped the hand of cards using a light blue ink that I aged by adding a layer  of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I finished the whole thing off with a bit of pen work to bring it all together.  It really is such fun to stamp a collage!  If you have a free moment or two you should give it a try!

Have a wonderful weekend friends!!



4 comments:

  1. Love it! You should display that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what other people did but I would say that you are the "Collage" Queen. I definitely am going to have to try my hand at something like this. Right now my mind is percolating trying to decide what stamps to use,colors,etc.

    I can't wait to hear about the Vintage Creative Medium. I like learning about different products and any product with Vintage in its' name has to be good.

    Hope you are having a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know about Queen but thanks :) I'd gladly take that title any day ;)

      I made 3 and from what I've heard one of them is going to be the lead for that particular article! Very excited...this one didn't make it but that's o.k....I still had fun making it.

      Oh I think you're going to love it...it's fun stuff!

      Delete
  3. I love the theme on this project today and your techniques are very interesting. Am also looking forward to hearing about the Vintage Creative Medium. Have a super day! ~kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!