Monday, June 23, 2014

Blue Post Card/Mail Art


Recently I joined in a mail art - postcard swap over at Unruly PaperArts.  I sent it off today and thought I'd share my creation with you.  The only specification was to use your favorite color so of course I used blue :) I also added some green in there because it's my 2nd favorite color.   Beyond color there was no theme we had to use so I decided to go with what I love...Steampunk.  

I started off with a blue gelli print - one of my favorites.  I then stamped, masked and stamped some more until the entire postcard was covered.  I used a Black Sakura Glaze Pen which makes it look embossed!  I love that pen ~ you can add faux embossed highlights to just the parts of the image you want highlight...it's great (more on that another day).  I also added white highlights using a Sakura Gelly Roll pen ~ another of my favorites!   The green is Cactus Green StazOn Midi and then I added a bit more color using Spectrum Noir markers and topped it all off with Stickles Glitter Glue!

I'm tickled with how it turned out and I hope my partner will like it as well. As of about 1.5 hours ago it's winging it's way to the UK...  I've never sent a postcard internationally so I don't know how long it will take but hopefully it will arrive safe and sound!

4 comments:

  1. What fun! That turned out great! I love how you highlighted and added dimension with the pens. The gelly roll pen is one of my favorite also.Don't own the black glaze pen yet. You do Steampunk so well and seem to know the perfect places to stamp and mask to come up with a miniature artwork.By the way that cactus green is the perfect green for this postcard. The Forest Green would have been too dark in my humble opinion.

    Your partner should get the card in about a week although sometimes it takes longer. The last card I sent to the UK took a week but her card back to me took two weeks. Mail between the U.S and Canada seems to be about the same. I will mail a card to a friend and she will get it in a week and next time I mail her a card it will take two weeks go figure.

    Have a great week! Look forward to seeing what you post next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so gorgeous! I love the image sand colors it all works together so perfectly! I am curious did you mail it in an envelope, or as a regular postcard? Keep us posted on its arrival! Have a great day~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creation! The way the colors work is fabulous. Love the small white bursts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!
    I sent it as a postcard...hopefully it will arrive o.k. Crossing my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!