Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stamping w/Gelatos & Gelatos Pattern Paper

Gosh, I got so wrapped up in stamping cards today I almost forgot to post! 
Guess that's the definition of a great day huh?
 
Well, I wanted to share a couple more Gelatos techniques with you before I move onto something else.
 
The first one was actually a question I got from a reader.  Melly said she read on her package of 4 gelatos that you could stamp with them but hasn't had much luck.  She asked if I could give her any advice on how to make it work.

Stamping with Gelatos

They say you simply color your stamp with the Gelatos which I did below....


Mist with water then stamp onto your cardstock.
 

 
Well, this is how it turned out which is basically what Melly said she was getting as well.    Now I did find a video on the Faber Castell blog that showed them stamping on cardstock and it produced a beautiful image but the stamp she used was a bold image with no real details.  I think that may be the problem.  You get a beautiful image if it's a simple image but the more complex images are a bit of a challenge....

 
BUT
not one to be dissuaded from making things work I decided to try something a little different.  I colored up my image again, misted the cardstock I was going to be stamping on and let it set for about 20 seconds.  Then I misted my gelato covered image then pressed the stamp onto the cardstock, holding it there for about 5 seconds or so.
 
And this time I got a much more detailed image....
 
 
I colored the background using additional shades of gelatos and made the card below!

 
So, if you're using bold image stamps, color & mist is fine but if you're using a more detailed image I suggest initially misting your cardstock, then color your stamp, mist & stamp.  I think you'll improve your image quality by leaps and bounds.
 
Gelatos Pattern Paper
 
One last thing I just had to share with you...
I recently bought some black & white pattern papers.
I actually love buying black and white papers -
gives me an opportunity to color them to match my needs.
 

 

 
 
So, I simply scribbled one some color...
 
 
then blended with my waterbrush!
I simply love the results and no two sheets will ever be the same.

 
So, I hope these techniques I've shared over the last couple weeks will help you pull out those Gelatos and put them to some good use!
 
Have a super day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea about the black and white paper. I never thought of that possibility. Oh no, I may have to go and buy some now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of colouring the B&W papers. Sometimes the obvious isn't..... Thanks for great tips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!