Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stickles Saturday ~ Dance!

It's time to celebrate...it's the weekend and what a better way to celebrate than to dance!

This weeks Stickles project is a fun card I made pairing stickles with an embossed image from Stampland....

Stickles 01-11 Roni 005

It's hard to tell from the photo because of all the shimmer and shine but the image was stamped and embossed onto an acrylic transparency.  I then painted the back of the image with a combination of Stickles Glitter Glue and Liquid Pearls.  All of the ladies were painted with Bisque Liquid Pearls, the background is a combination of Baby Blue and Ocean Blue Liquid Pearls.  Each dress was then colored with various colors of Stickles.   

I will warn you that this technique does take quite a while to dry...I left this image set for two and a half days before it was completely dry.  Depending on the temps and humidity where you live it could take more or less time. 

So keep in mind while this isn't a "quick" card the results will be well worth the time. 

Have a great day friends!!

22 comments:

  1. Holy oh my gosh! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab image! It must be extremely sparkly in real life, great feel good card, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is sooooo beautiful, Roni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roni I love this image and how you have brought it to life. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow its fabulous, so well worth the time spent. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roni -

    Thank you for feeding my Stickles addiction with such a beautiful card! And I think (not positive) that I may actually have that stamp! This turned out simply gorgeous!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so amazing!!! great job on this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roni

    OMG this card is so beautiful. I love, love, love it!

    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have that stamp like Elaine but I think I'll try it with flowers and I have several flower stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um--there aren't enough Loves in the LOVE IT!!! This is simply AWESOME!!! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roni, this card is amazing and I love the stamped image! I know that it must be completely dazzling in person and can't even imagine how you came up with all of this! Now you're making me think I'll need to go get some liquid pearls to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just excellent. totally worth the extra time!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is spectacular! And now, thanks to you, I know what I am doing wrong when I try to stamp on transparency. I always think I am using the wrong ink, but I am just not waiting long enough for it to dry. Thanks Roni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Glad I happened by and looking forward to see what you do next..:) Following!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hard work on this card payed off big time! It is absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing with us Roni!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!